Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
(I had this initially posted on the Sniper Rifle Forum and got zero responses so I thought I try here.)

I bought one of the newly made replica of the ZF4 scope. There was no manual with it so I'm not sure how to to fix the problem I'm having with the scope. (If anyone has an manual which could be copied, I'd gladly pay for it's reproduction.) The mount I'm using is one in which there is no way any shimming can be done to raise or lower the scope.

I mounted the scope on the rifle and was zeroing it in at 25 yds. (then it would be zeroed for 100 yds.). The first shots I fired were correct in azimuth but the elevation was way off. It was striking about 12" low on the target. This was with the elevation adjustment knob set at the lowest setting (1). If I could shim the scope, this would mean that I would have to raise the rear of the scope to make corrections.

To get the bullet impacts to strike the point of aim at the target, I had to raise the elevation knob to the (5) setting. Is there some way the knob can be re-adjusted so that it show that is sighted in for 100 yds. and still have the range adjustments?

Appreciate any help. Thanks.

·
Registered
137 Posts
The first problem you have is that it s probably one of the Chinese/tiawan made scopes. they look pretty but are for shit. You will have to remove the three screw plate on the windage knob and adjust the reticule for more distance. You can then reset the the numbered ring back to 1 before assermbling .You may encounter a problem with the three screw plate as they are sometimes glued not screwed in place. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The first problem you have is that it s probably one of the Chinese/tiawan made scopes. they look pretty but are for shit. You will have to remove the three screw plate on the windage knob and adjust the reticule for more distance. You can then reset the the numbered ring back to 1 before assermbling .You may encounter a problem with the three screw plate as they are sometimes glued not screwed in place. Good luck.

The three screws were tight but I got them out OK. I now understand how the scope adjustment works so I'll have to make a trip to the range to get it sighted in correctly. Thanks for the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts