1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
7,818 Posts
Very nice sir.

·
Registered
607 Posts
You're certainly entitled to do what you want, but I'm not sure I would have sacrificed that stock (or the rest of the rifle for that matter)....JMHO...Bodes

·
Registered
607 Posts
non matching rifle
With that combination of early and late parts, I figured as much....After being modified to accommodate the scope rail, the stock for the most part has been relegated for one purpose....Again not judging, with the bevy of parts available not sure I wouldn't have used lower grade ones for a system that was likely never fielded...Bodes

·
Copper Bullet member
1,899 Posts
Looks great, now give us a range report.

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,439 Posts
Very nice! I have one of these brewing right now as well. Which repro mount did you end up using?

·
Registered
786 Posts
I have a customer that spent 5,400.00 on one of these thinking it was as described as original ,matching, etc.
Turned out to be a complete fake that was duffel cut on top of every thing else. The scope base fell off the gun in the box.
Gunbroker did nothing, The seller was Commonwealth Arsenal. they did nothing saying that it was consigned to them and they new nothing.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a customer that spent 5,400.00 on one of these thinking it was as described as original ,matching, etc.
Turned out to be a complete fake that was duffel cut on top of every thing else. The scope base fell off the gun in the box.
Gunbroker did nothing, The seller was Commonwealth Arsenal. they did nothing saying that it was consigned to them and they new nothing.
an "original matching" zf4 should have been the 1st clue. as was said earlier it was doubtful they were ever in the field and what ones there iis were captured at the factories. One example is at the US ordinance museum at Aberdeen.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts