Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a "repro" zf4 rifle with the post being far off to the left, i was going to redo the mount so as to correct for the post being off center.....the question i have is can the 3 screws to the "windage" turret be removed and then get the post back to the "center" of recticle .... i just want to make the post back to center of lens, and am not sure if this can be done ??? or if the scope is just broke and thats why post is far off to left, i have no idea where scope was bought just says ZF K 43 dow and triangle, is for sure a "repro" scope, but probably adjusts like an original.... any info would be appreciated on if recticle post can be moved back to center of the lens

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Try to remove the three screws. They my have some thread locker on them so make extra sure the screw driver is the correct size for the screw head slots. A screwdriver blade which is too big or too small will bugger the screw heads. Make sure to put down a large piece of cloth to catch the screw if you drop it. If dropped, they will fall into a black hole and NEVER be seen again! Once the three screws and cover are removed, there is a screw in the center. Adjust this screw clock-wise or counter clock-wise depending upon how the sight post moves. Move the outer adjustment ring with the marks on it so that it is centered on the mark. If you can bore site the rifle and scope, then adjust center screw until aligned. If not able to bore site, a trip to the range is needed. Once the the scope and point of impact match, then replace cover and three screws.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you very much....yes the screws are extremely tight, am going to try and use a heat gun for the thread locker.....(without melting the grease or oil in scope)...as dont want to get on the lenses..

it ia a k98 and the scope looks like one from numerich.... than you very much, will be doing today, yes i can bore sight very well, i just needed the heads up, thati could actually move the post such in the manner that you speak, thank you very much for the info

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
got the screws out, didnt use heat gun, just the right size tip, yes was loc-tited, seemed factory which makes me worry, as if no one adjusted the scope for the post to be left...

so i got the screws out, and turned the (center screw) the post stayed to far left, but in a (rock solid stand) when turning screw at 50 yards i could see the (backround target) moving.... it was about 2 feet the inside lenses were moving..... the the whole objective was moving 2 feet total at 50 yards.... IE this would be great for sighting in if post was (center) ... however is still way off to the left, i tried several things in hopes one would move post but none did.... i didnt want to go too far and remove the center screw completly as dont know if something would (drop) in the scope

i have taken apart many german scopes to clean and fix insides but lke zf39 and others, i can take total apart and fix and reassemble, but the ZF4 i am "ignorant" ...as i just never did....

so if anyone knows if there is some way to actually change the post position "horizontal" ??? that would be great.... the vertical moves up and down as should, just trying to get windage to center , and then adjust the mount to be correct with post center...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.