Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
7.65 (32 cal)
Marked "AC" over "1001-0-cal. 7.65" over "zella-mehlis, Germany"
Serial 27724
Also Marked "Hammerli"
Imported by "GP trading"
Also has a couple proof marks. looks like a crown and something else over an "N"

Looking info and possibly the value.
Thanks
Jason

·
Registered
588 Posts
Nope, new pistol built in the 1950's in East Germany then marked by importer with AC & Walther markings to make them more appealing for US buyers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope, new pistol built in the 1950's in East Germany then marked by importer with AC & Walther markings to make them more appealing for US buyers.

So made by Hammerli, PP clone, post war......

Is $250 a fair price?

·
Registered
995 Posts
It was not made by hammerli. This pistol was made in the DDR from newly manufactured parts and was inspected at the ernst thallman workshop in Suhl. The official east german designation for the pistol is a P1001. The East German government then sold these pistols to Hammerli Tiengen for sale on the open market. The ac and zella-mehlis markings are in fact fake and were put on the gun by the importer to help them sell better on the open market. The only original East German markings on the gun are the serial number, 1001-0-cal. 7.65, and finally the suhl eagle with the crown N marking. If you are interested in selling the pistol, please let me know as I collect these pistols.

·
Gold Bullet member
12,250 Posts
Dan:

I have seen these pistols, without the added "AC" markings, with checkered plastic grips. Are the wooden grips also an unoriginal add-on by the importer or were both plastic and wooden grips originally issued?

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I believe plastic only. What a waste of a nice collectible to mark it up like that. They are around without the fake markings. I don't have one yet.....but I will eventually. Screwy markings or no....schweet score!

·
Registered
995 Posts
I believe at first they had plastic grips but they did run a low production of wood grips but they were crude. Wood or plastic grips would be correct.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've just bought one of the East German export (Hammerli) 1001's that's exactly the same as the one jasong (the OP) described except mine's marked with serial number 00006. It came in a red/brown holster with two mags. The magazine bodies are stamped 0/1001 and then electropenciled with the 00006 serial number. I would have paid $250 like jasong but the guy wanted $350. What can I say? I'm a sucker for Walthers...even Walther clones... :D

BobT.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
It's not really a clone. It's still made in the old Walther factory by the old Walther folks.....just under new....um....management. Pretty pistol ya got there!

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's not really a clone. It's still made in the old Walther factory by the old Walther folks.....just under new....um....management. Pretty pistol ya got there!
Thanks... :) I'd love to have a P1001 military model but they're hard to find. Here's what they look like anyway... :D

BobT.

·
Silver Bullet member
35,505 Posts
The only place I ever remember seeing them was a place called "The Dealer's Warehouse" but they seem to be long gone.

From their 2003 website thanks to Archive.org

COLD WAR WALTHERS

EAST GERMAN

MODEL 1001-0

These were manufactured in East Gremany at the old Haenel Schmeisser plant at Suhl. This pistol is the same as the Walther PP .32 that we all know from WWII.

In the 1950's a small number of these pistols were produced at the old Haenel Schmeisser plant in Suhl, East Germany for the East German Uniformed Police.

All have Suhl proof marks.

Because of their limited production numbers, these pistols have only been seen in advanced Walther collections.

These pistols are in excellent condition!

THIS IS A LIMITED ITEM FFL Required

Item # GNPW02 $395.00*

*Please add $15 shipping & handling per pistol

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just noticed this resurrected thread. For the collectors, I thought I would note that my records show that I bought an as-new standard DDR military P-1001-0 PP in December 1990. It came with its original holster and two matching magazines, and looks exactly like BobT's picture above. It has NO import marks, no "ac", and no Hammerli. The slide is simply marked "1001-0 Cal. 7,65", S/N 093XX.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts