Gunboards Forums banner

21 - 40 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I mean to just get the thing on paper at whatever distance your shooting at, then run the good stuff. I have a couple cans of Russian 7N1 that I keep around just for that reason
That 7N1 is good stuff

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Good to know about that muzzle detent working properly....obviously they take care with the weld.
By the looks of it they do the very bare minimum to count as “welded”, big plus to have a rifle like this with threaded barrel vs the PSL

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Just bought one Sgt. L.....looked around and 2700 shipped so not too bad...they are out there. I love that 7.62 rimmed round and reload for it so wanted a more modern platform to go with my old Soviet snipers.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Just bought one Sgt. L.....looked around and 2700 shipped so not too bad...they are out there. I love that 7.62 rimmed round and reload for it so wanted a more modern platform to go with my old Soviet snipers.
I got mine from “Elk County Ammo & Arms” for $2,700 shipped, figured now is the time to get it

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Ordered one from them and a place in NC to put on my M72 for looks
Nice... I have plenty of RA standard in 7.62 r and a bit of PPU 182 match so am looking fwd to the break in. I reload for my snipers and will here too when primers become available (crazy) once I figure out the best load....Rob indicates the heavy ball and I've always found that to be the case myself.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I will take pictures this week when the flash hider arrives. Overall very impressed with the quality. Slight mag wobble with the two included magazines, only thing I’ve noticed (If you’re used to AK’s it’s no problem).

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
I will take pictures this week when the flash hider arrives. Overall very impressed with the quality. Slight mag wobble with the two included magazines, only thing I’ve noticed (If you’re used to AK’s it’s no problem).
That sounds normal...if a combloc weapon is AR tight it is broken :)

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
How does the trigger pull stack up? I've used AK's for decades but never accurized one by messing with the trigger group....

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
How does the trigger pull stack up? I've used AK's for decades but never accurized one by messing with the trigger group....
Trigger is actually very nice, I don’t have an instrument to check the actual pull.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
I found 200 rds PPU 182 gn match in my stash....but won't touch that until it is broken in a bit then see what's what. Or, I could sell the rounds on Gunbroker and buy a new car.

·
Registered
104 Posts
If you can afford it, and can find one, I think you'd be happy with a M91.

Seems like an upgraded and higher-quality PSL, but I haven't actually seen one in-person.

I really like my PSL, but it's a bit rough around the edges. I think the M91 has corrected all that.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
If you can afford it, and can find one, I think you'd be happy with a M91.

Seems like an upgraded and higher-quality PSL, but I haven't actually seen one in-person.

I really like my PSL, but it's a bit rough around the edges. I think the M91 has corrected all that.
I’ve held my share of PSL’s and can tell you the M91 is much more refined. Nothing against a PSL, just the M91 is noticeably better fit/finish

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
I’ve held my share of PSL’s and can tell you the M91 is much more refined. Nothing against a PSL, just the M91 is noticeably better fit/finish

Selling point(s) for me were the heavier barrel/chrome forged....gas adjust...and Rob's video indicating it is not finicky with heavy/light ball...it eats anything without issue.
OTOH....the finish and other things came at a cost so it is an individual thing as PSL's are very nice rifles and a proven entity.

·
Registered
156 Posts
One thing got me curious is the glass quality between the NPZ PSO scopes sold with the current PSL-54's vs the Belarusian POSP's version sold with the M91.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
One thing got me curious is the glass quality between the NPZ PSO scopes sold with the current PSL-54's vs the Belarusian POSP's version sold with the M91.
How so...what lack of quality have you noted where? All my Russian/old Sov U scope experience is with the WW2 era scopes.

21 - 40 of 87 Posts