Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi workbench,
I recently bought a Zastava M83/83 in .357 magnum. When I press the cylinder latch forward the cylinder will only come out 1/3 the way, and will spin. It opened fully the first few times at the store. Shows just enough to put cartridges in. It is supposed to open fully according to the Serbian document I got with it showing the plunger action to remove cases. Also shown with a blow up diagram. I'm not a wheel gun guy so maybe this is something simple. Any advice or help? It seems to be caught on something, but the cylinder still spins so I cant tell where or on what. I've oiled it up between the cylinder and shield as best I can.

Any help would be appreciated, there isn't any documentation I can find on these even showing take down procedure.

·
Administrator
61,281 Posts
Sounds like your crane which is the part that the cylinder is attached to and inserts into the frame is binding.

I would take it back to the store if still under warranty.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Best option is to return it to the dealer.
Second option, return it to the importer for service.

If none of that is possible:

Look on the right front side of the frame. There should be a screw.
Unscrew and remove that and this releases the cylinder for removal.
Open the cylinder as far as possible and rotate it until a flute lines up with the lower side of the frame, then slide the entire cylinder and crane assembly forward and out of the frame.

Inspect the hole in the front of the frame for burrs or debris.
Inspect the screw for damage to the end.
Inspect the crane shaft for damage.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, this gives me a lot to start with. I'll try to get some pics up soon. I bought it "pre owned" from cabelas. I might try to see if they will help me out since I just bought it, and I don't think there's any manufacture warranty from zastava.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts