Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Ramen noodles or Bill Gates?
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello! i was directed to this forum to ask about a pistol i just picked up. it's a tokarev in 9mm parabellum, marked on the slide as imported by american arms in north kansas city, MO. the right side of the slide is marked as being 9mm para, made in yugoslavia. the right side also has to logo's that look almost like the CZ logo, but has an extra Z stamped over it.
slide mounted safety, and it's in 95% condition. never saw a yugo tokarev before, didn't even know they made them.
can any of you guys tell me anything about this pistol, and what it may be worth? not into selling firearms, but i do like to have some idea what they go for.

thanks, y'all have a good day! Keith

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
6,263 Posts
Keith, I've watched gunbroker auctions on these over the last year, and have observed examples selling from $400 to $700, if I recall correctly.

SlimTim

·
Ramen noodles or Bill Gates?
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
only came with 1 mag, and it looks like the picture of the m57 on the link posted above, although the caliber listed for the m57 is not correct. the slide mounted safety is a nice design, very postive. thanks for the info! y'all have a good day, Keith

·
Registered
233 Posts
PA-Joe is right -it is an M70A, the 9mm civilian version of the M57 military gun. There are other subtle differences too including the slide mounted safety which the M57 does not have. I bought one from Empire Arms a while back. Through correspondence with them I was told that a few of these (less than 2000) were imported by American Arms Inc. in the early 1990's.

My serial number is 10197. I'd be interested in knowing your serial too as they should be within 2000 of each other unless different serial blocks were made.

I've seen the same price range as Slim Tim.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts