Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
4,816 Posts
$189 is not a bad price at all but the economy around here is not improving much at all so discretionary purchases like this one have been put on a back burner unfortunately...

·
Registered
725 Posts
Very nice looking but I personally haven't seen one with a bore worth a damn and I have seen and had a few of these. What really would be nice would be new replacement barrels.

I'll buy another in a heartbeat if I could be certain of a new or as new bore. Granted these are surplus guns but the outside far exceeds the inside if you catch my drift.

Just "my" .02

Draybo : )

·
Silver Bullet member
648 Posts
If bore condition is anyone's primary factor, the Polish Tok I just bought from them had a pristine ,mirror bore..fully the equal of a new S&W

I'm pretty sure that the pistol hadn't been fired..or much if any...

·
Registered
725 Posts
Good news swabbie. Don't muddy the waters pal.

This thread is in regards to the Yuogo M57 that seems so POPULAR. You know, 1 extra round, thumb safety like the 1911.

Anybody have for sale M57 Yugos with pristine bores?? SOG included (and SOG isn't even a sponsor). Wake up folks.

Draybo

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
I got one a little over a year ago and it has a mirror bore. I have a friend who ordered one a few weeks ago, and it too has a mirror bore.
That's two that were ordered over a year apart.

Seems to be luck of the draw...

·
Gold Bullet member
1,433 Posts
Times like these I really hate California.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I got one a little over a year ago and it has a mirror bore. I have a friend who ordered one a few weeks ago, and it too has a mirror bore.
That's two that were ordered over a year apart.

Seems to be luck of the draw...
All I have seen were trashed tubes.

Draybo

·
Gold Bullet member
1,433 Posts
If they are C&R eligible why does it say not available in california?
In CA C&R handguns still have to go through an 01FFL. So yeah I could buy one but my local 01 charges $75 for a transfer. If I could find one in Reno I could drive over and buy it but the pickings are slim for this sort of thing over there.

·
Silver Bullet member
34,794 Posts
Is that 1911-style safety original to the gun or was it added to make them importable?

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
In CA C&R handguns still have to go through an 01FFL. So yeah I could buy one but my local 01 charges $75 for a transfer. If I could find one in Reno I could drive over and buy it but the pickings are slim for this sort of thing over there.
Hence the problem. A state law dictates what an 01 FFL can charge to transfer a used gun. Lots of reports about overcharges on the Cal-Guns website; but nobody is really interested in enforcing this law.

The feds are a different story. Don't get caught using your 03 C&R to buy and sell firearms at a profit at the gun shows.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts