Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
You are fortunate when you describe a Yugo 59 and most people don't assume that you Must mean the much more common 59/66.

Excellent example you have.

My only advice on ammo in a Yugo --to avoid a longer story here-- is to try to Avoid using Tula in any SKS (it's fine in AKs). Because of Tula and other issues inherent in some Yugos, both of my nice, all-matching 59s had to be shipped to Murray's,in Bowie TX to permanently 'cure' them of really nasty Popped primers/firing pins.

These probable causes are described by Mr. Murray on his forum at SKSboards.

·
Registered
231 Posts
She looks great. The 59 is the only Yugo I have as well and love it. I was just never partial to the grenade launcher and thought it just ruined the look of the great rifle. Now if I had some grenades I might just change my mind :)

·
Platinum Bullet member
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Excellent example you have.
As a general rule, I don't use "Tulammo" in any of my rifles, I just don't care for it. I've had excellent performance with "Golden Tiger".

The rifle performed flawlessly, and is very accurate. I'm a happy camper!

Thanks for all of the comments above, I'm looking forward to a response regarding the matte-grey bayonet.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
There have been comments on SKSboards (Yugo forum) that matte-gray bayonets are very common. Some process in the Serbian factory supposedly caused this.

One of my 59s (both rifles all-matching) came with such a bayo.

·
Registered
100 Posts
There have been comments on SKSboards (Yugo forum) that matte-gray bayonets are very common. Some process in the Serbian factory supposedly caused this.

One of my 59s (both rifles all-matching) came with such a bayo.
What did the other bayonet look like ? Ive never saw a M59 bayo with other then the dull finish.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
KOOLKERRY:
One of my M59s has the shinier, clean silver bayonet. The other has the mostly darker gray surface. It probably was imported as such with the rifle.
The seller is retired and works in a really tiny gun shop just outside the Memphis area.

He told me that both of my M59s came from S.O.G. (OH). That's all I know about them, and bought them about three years ago. My only conclusion is that the all-silver bayonet might have come from a 59/66.:?

·
Silver Bullet Member
8,190 Posts
The M59 uses a totally different bayonet than a 59/66. Different length and lock up mechanism.
A shiny bayonet on a M59 might be Russian or Chinese blade type as a possibility. The grey finish seemed to be the standard issue AFAIK.

·
Registered
100 Posts
You might shoot a email to Dansammo asking if they might have an extra bayo laying around as they recently had a few crates of M59's for sale.. Ya just never know : )

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Even the solid silvery bayo on one my two M59s (not /66...) fits exactly as well in the bayo slot as the mostly darker gray bayo in the other 59.

Either the silver bayo was cleaned by somebody at the distributor S.O.G. before the previous seller owned it, or maybe a different chemical process was used during production of some (?) which were made for the 59s.
Confused.

·
Silver Bullet Member
8,190 Posts
The Russian, Chinese and Zastava M59 blade bayonets are very similar and will interchange. A couple of minor differences are where the bayonet changes width near the pivot area the M59 has sharper shoulder areas than the Chinese or Russian. The M59 center groove that runs along the blade on he M59 is narrower and less centered than the Chinese or Russian.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.