Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a local pawn shop that sells Yugo 30-06 that is supposedly made to M2 ball specs for export in the late 50s for $7 per box of 22.

It is headstamp marked IK 1956.

I have found a web page that states that the author thinks it is 150Gr milspec M2 ammo. However, the price tag on the box states that it is 180Gr FJM ammo. I think the price tag may be wrong.

I am thinking I found a good source to feed my Garand and this may in fact be 150Gr M2 speced.

Anybody know anything about this stuff or use it in their M1?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Very good ammo, but corrosive and berdan primed. Shot a couple of cans worth years ago , but out of M1903s and M1917s. As accurate as most other M2 milsurp. It is M2 Ball, with a 150 gr projectile. The ammo came packed in real US WW2 .50 Cal cans with side opening lids... not bad considering I was able to buy it for about $45 a can of 484 rounds.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice, thanks Dan.

Used to buy the Czech Silvertip 7.62x54R ammo like that for about the same price.

Im afraid those days are now gone. If I had known back then I would have bought more.

Anyway, Ill stock up on this Yugo stuff for my M1 as well as some Privi 308. The Privi 308 cost $14 a box though so that's not such a good deal.

I think this Yugo 30-06 is a steal at $7 a box so I plan on hogging it up and keeping it a secred LOL.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts