Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found two rifles at the Tampa Gun Show last weekend that followed me home. A really nice Yugo AK47 Under Folder and a 1955 All Springfield Garand with a new 1943 barrel.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You know, I really had'nt paid much attention to the wood until now when I look at my posted picture. Think I'll take it out into the sunlight tomorrow and see what it looks like. These 15watt bulbs in my house have got to go! LoL

·
Registered
325 Posts
Is that the original wood on the Yugo? If so, thats some of the nicest wood i've seen on any yugo rifle. Kinda looks like the teak stuff. Enjoy the sweet new toys ;)

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know what kind of wood it is but it's not original. The wood on it is what caught my interest. It looks unfinished of sorts. Think I might varnish it. Thinking about putting some "Ironwood Designs" buldged wood on it. The Garand wood has had a refinsh put on it and has also been repaired along next to the trigger group area. Seems like a good candidate for me to refinish the wood being that it has already been done before. I have another stock I could put on it but I'm not sure if I want to keep her yet. I have another Springfield Garand and Springfield M1A. Might make good trading material for something interesting.

·
Silver Bullet Member
8,331 Posts
I don't know what kind of wood it is but it's not original. The wood on it is what caught my interest. It looks unfinished of sorts. Think I might varnish it. Thinking about putting some "Ironwood Designs" buldged wood on it. The Garand wood has had a refinsh put on it and has also been repaired along next to the trigger group area. Seems like a good candidate for me to refinish the wood being that it has already been done before. I have another stock I could put on it but I'm not sure if I want to keep her yet. I have another Springfield Garand and Springfield M1A. Might make good trading material for something interesting.

The Yugo wood looks like Ironwood replacement as it is. Yugo wood is proprietary. I do not think there is "bulged" wood for a Yugo AFAIK.
Some BLO would look nice on the wood as the Yugo rifles were oil finish only.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was thinking of something like this from Ironwood and staining a darker color. What cha think?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Was wondering who built the Yugo. Looks good and I think I would do some very fine sanding or 0000 steelwool and some BLO would make the Yugo wood look great.
How much were the Yugo's fixed or folding going for at the show?

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
It's a Vulcan-47 reciever! They have earned a bad name all over the internet as being junk. This seems to be quite nice though. Fit and finish is good and seems like a better reciever than others I've recently looked at. Oh, also I moved the Garand on today at the FT. Myers Gun Show. I traded it for a really nice Venezuelan FN49 in 7X57 Mauser. I've been wanting one for a long time and finally snagged one. I've had Egyptian FN 49's before, in 8X57, but there is a lot of differance in quality between the two. Try to post pics later. All in all had a really good weekend for collecting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.