Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at these two, I have just one or two general questions about both of them, which I hope you can answer.

Such as, what parts are U.S.-made on each one of these? As I understand it, the Yugos have U.S.-made receivers and barrels, but the rest in basically a Yugo parts kit. The Romanian WASR-10's, OTOH, have a U.S. made gas piston and trigger group, but Romanian receivers and barrels. What other parts on each of these are made in the USA?

Why is that the Romanian receivers don't have the dimples to hold the mags in place? Why not just stamp them in there and be done with it?

·
Diamond Bullet Member/Moderator
51,821 Posts
Yugo.......barrel, receiver, FCG (3), piston, some with the stocks and pistol grip being USA too. I think I counted on ours some having 7 USA parts.
WASR....FCG (3), pistol grip, piston and sometimes the flash hider.

IMO the romy receivers were modified so they could claim they weren't AK receivers. They don't use the dimples since they come in as single stacks and instead use welded in supports.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If only I could get somebody to answer my question in the other thread about WHO makes the receivers for those, and whether or not they're good, solid quality, I just might...

·
Diamond Bullet Member/Moderator
51,821 Posts
DCI and Nodak are the same receiver, DCI makes them Nodak distributes them. I believe they worked for FAC although I do not think they owned FAC (the company I believe you are referencing about going out of business)

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I have seen Yugos with various makes of receivers-but look for NDS/DCI , Global/Arsenal or some of the more reputable makes discussed on the different forums .My WASR has a Cugir receiver and they are decent quality-and the proof is in the many that keep on shooting-dimple or no dimple.If money is not a problem I would go with a Yugo-but check the bore(no matter WHO made it) and the sights to be sure they are not canted.The WASR is a reliable gun . I like shooting mine and the price is very reasonable.I also recently picked a G model build for 340 bucks with an absolutely mint barrel on the generic NDS3 receiver.I think a build on the current Gs would would be a great value for any one wanting an AK to shoot or store.Either way you go on the purchase is OK but I think the WASR is the better value over a Yugo.I did have to do some grinding on the bayo lug on the WASR as this is yet another clumsily retrofitted part but I need it for gigging frogs.Good luck to you.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Many thanks for the information and recommendations, fellas - I really appreciate them!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts