Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I came across a bunch of older import Yugo Mauser's. I think one of them is is the same type you described in the old board as a M24/47 Carbine. It has sling swivels on both the bottom as well as the side similar to the one posted on the old board. There were a number of other rifles which included from what I can remember was a M24 with the marking "Mod 98" on the side. I was kind of punchy after looking at quite a few rifles so I will have to check again tomorrow and take a few quick pic's . What would be reasonable prices for these rifles??

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
I really can't give you any valuations. The "24/47 carbine" is so new, and not really accepted as such by many I expect, that it won't carry any greater cash value for that. You just have to determine if it's a 24/47 or a model 1924. If a model 1924 original carbine, grab it and run as far and fast as you can!

An original carbine rigged stock alone does have cosiderable value however. I don't really know how much. That one I mentioned sold for $450 but was bought by a fellow who knew nothing of what he was looking at. Probably John wall or others could give you a better value estimate.

I don't know about a Mod98 marked 1924. That doesn't jive. A Mod98 was a standard length action compared to the model1924s intermediate length action. The parts (mostly) don't interchange.
The M24/52C was a standard length action but that's a refurbed vz24. Other than that, I can't say what you're looking at.

Not much help I realize. Sorry.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Oh. Let me know if you guys want me to repost the 24/47 "Carbine" stuff.

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I did more exploring, and it is a model 1924 and it has the exact stock as pictured in your old post. Unfortunately it's not matching but that would probably be to much to ask. The other Yugo I mentioned has "GEW 98" on the left receiver rail and the flaming crest on the receiver. It has all the features of a K98K including a laminated stock with the metal bolt disassembly tube as well as a short 98K hand guard. No pic's yet but hopefully soon.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Great find

Well I did more exploring, and it is a model 1924 and it has the exact stock as pictured in your old post. Unfortunately it's not matching but that would probably be to much to ask. The other Yugo I mentioned has "GEW 98" on the left receiver rail and the flaming crest on the receiver. It has all the features of a K98K including a laminated stock with the metal bolt disassembly tube as well as a short 98K hand guard. No pic's yet but hopefully soon.
The GEW98 sounds like a Yugo rework. History erased but, with a good bore, a nice thing to have.

But the other, It sounds like an original, non-refurbed Yugo "carbine"! Even mismatched pretty darn rare and collectable. Grab it & run!
I have no idea about the value on these but consider a regular m1924 "rifle" can run to $400+. I suggest you post it as a seperate topic and hope John Wall or others far more knowledgeable than I drop in on it.

Congrats on a great find. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts