Gunboards Forums banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

· Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I hope this type of question is allowed. If not, let me know.

Sorted through my parts and have found all of the metal needed to complete the trigger guard assembly. The only part I am unsure of is the follower. It may not be of the correct era.

Now I need to know a fair price for the completely assembled metalwork and a fair price for the stock.

Any help would be appreciated.

· Platinum Bullet Member and Certified Curmudgeon
16,165 Posts
I hope this type of question is allowed. If not, let me know.

Sorted through my parts and have found all of the metal needed to complete the trigger guard assembly. The only part I am unsure of is the follower. It may not be of the correct era.

Now I need to know a fair price for the completely assembled metalwork and a fair price for the stock.

Any help would be appreciated.
The question is allowed but I don't like to guess at prices. What I would do (and have done often) is put both the rifle and stock on Gunbroker, separately, with plenty of GOOD photos and a carefully worded complete description. Be sure you put the word MAUSER in the title for both. Make the minimum bid what you would consider to be a small loss and do NOT have a reserve price. Others, like me, filter out all reserve auctions from searches.

Regards,
Bill

· Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Bill,

Have done as you suggest for the barreled action on GB. I took some good pics of it yesterday before the rain started. I'll have to wait for the rain to stop before listing the stock.

16,165 Posts
Bill,

Have done as you suggest for the barreled action on GB. I took some good pics of it yesterday before the rain started. I'll have to wait for the rain to stop before listing the stock.
Gunbroker is my favorite acquisition and disposal site. I just put a Nicaraguan VZ24 clone project rifle on there to begin this evening.

Regards,
Bill

· Registered
2,864 Posts
After revisiting this thread I realized that a "mystery" stock I was given and subsequently used to build a " faux" std model for hunting may in fact be from a 1924b: short bayo lug, beech, bolt takedown, 3/4" shorter than a k98 stock. What ya'll think? Wood Floor Hardwood
Wood Wood stain Cutting board Tool Antique tool
Wood Hardwood Wood stain
Eye Close-up Rust Wood Metal
Wood Tree Trunk Plant
Gun Firearm Rifle Air gun Shooting
Air gun

16,165 Posts
After revisiting this thread I realized that a "mystery" stock I was given and subsequently used to build a " faux" std model for hunting may in fact be from a 1924b: short bayo lug, beech, bolt takedown, 3/4" shorter than a k98 stock. What ya'll think?
With a short bayonet lug it might be an M1924b stock made from a M1912.

Regards,
Bill

16,165 Posts
1912 is std length action? Beech would be correct?
Standard length action, yes. I would think that beech on a pre war stock would be unlikely. On a replacement stock, yes, and a M1912 in a replacement stock could be made into a M1924b.

Regards,
Bill

· Silver Bullet member
7,847 Posts
Looks like a Communist partizan star from WWII..Nice

41 - 51 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.