Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
39,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shot my Yugo M70 this weekend, and I'm very pleased. I did have one little problem - the rear sight was actually at a shallow angle to the weapon centerline, sitting off to the right slightly. Caused my groups to be way right. I have since gotten some guidance on fixing that, and it's right down the centerline now.

Anyway, allowing for that small issue, here are my groups from the first test firing. In the first and second pics, the top two targets on the stand are at 25 yards, bottom two at 50. Additionally, the lower right target in the first and second pics is different because I took a pic of the target stand after firing 8 at the upper right, and 5 each at the other three. After I took that pic, I tried aiming at the lower left corner of the lower right target and shot the remaining 7 rounds, putting four in the bullseye. The third pic is a closer look at that lower right target. That's at 50 yards, open sights, with my cruddy four-eyes. So there's no question that the weapon is accurate, I just had that sight issue to try to compensate for.

Yep, I'm VERY pleased!!

·
Copper Bullet member
9,811 Posts
"some guidance on fixing that"

And what did you do?

·
Silver Bullet member
39,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I removed the sight ladder, then on the side where the pin was sitting too far rearward I went on the inside edge of the sight mount and used a center-punch to peen some metal back toward the front of the hole. Had the effect of shimming the pin forward on that side and pulling the sight back straight. Here's a couple of pics.

Can't see the peened area with the sight ladder in place.

My SWAG on how it got that way is that over the years of being carried, the sight got a lot of pressure from the left side of the weapon, to the point where the mounting holes got worn in that direction. Consequently, the sight became skewed to the right. Peening the metal forward on the left side made up for the wear in the hole.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.