Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Yugo action followed me home......the militaria shows were fun. Can anyone take a guess on what maker based on the font of the left side of the receiver? The Yugo crest is pitted, that’s why who ever had it stripped it. Opinions?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Maybe the more astute K98k people can discern, but to me it looks like the same style Mod. 98 marking that just about everybody used except Erma. Their Gothic style font is unique.

·
Silver Bullet member
1,179 Posts
Were there many different manufactures that were sources of "parts" for the 98/48's, or were they just refurbished to the Yugo spec (vs just a Yugo capture)

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Mauser Borsigwald and Gustloff both used similar fonts for the 'e' suffix, so that narrows it down.

·
Registered
217 Posts
It looks like it has an OB receiver, that would be a receiver without a stamp. I had 2, one with the communist star and the other without the star. I turned one of them into a hunting rifle for my grandsons. It is a 7MM57 that shoots one hole groups. The two grandsons hunt on a deer lease near Hoover. Last year 3 of the 4 largest deer taken were taken with the 7mm57. I told my son how proud I was, he said they were hunting with a rifle that cost me $140.00 to build and he would be hard pressed to find another hunter on the lease that was hunting with a rifle that cost less than $2,000.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Were there many different manufactures that were sources of "parts" for the 98/48's, or were they just refurbished to the Yugo spec (vs just a Yugo capture)

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Any German K98k can be found as a post WW2 Yugoslav rework. Sometimes a trace of the original receiver markings can be seen, but usually not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts