Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any one help? I'm trying to find out how to adjust the firing pin on my Yugo Mauser? Right now all it does is make a slight dent in the primer Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
435 Posts
When a couple of my 24/47s were having trouble igniting the primers (my own fault) I made sure that the insides were free of old cosmoline. That solved the problem here. Other folks have had to get new springs that were more potent. Some ammo also seems to have harder primers too. Best of luck.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Clean the bolt. Take it apart and boil in water until all cosmo is out.

Are you using Yugo ammo from the fifties?

Some of it has ''recessed" primers and cause a lot of FTF.

Clean the bolt, try some other ammo before doing anything drastic.

Firing pins on Yugo rifles are NOT adjustabe.

Your rifle has an issue firing pin of about 19 lbs.

Some rifles in order to have less FTF with fifties Yugo ammo need a 22 lb, or 24lb, or 26 lb firing pin spring.
Available from Wolff spring for cheap.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
You can also check fp protrusion though I doubt it'll be the problem. The others have given you the most likely source of trouble.
Anyway, it should be .055-.065 inches. As noted, it ain't adjustable. If it's long you can polish it down. if short, you can only replace it.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Brownell's sells a protrusion gage. The firing pin should protrude about the thickness of a penny as nug indicated. The firing pin tip should be ball shaped and smooth.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts