Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the Yugo 98K I bought from TGI. Excellent Rifle - Laminated Stock, beautiful bluing and excellent bore. No Markings except for S/42, 1937 on receiver. Mod. 98 on receiver side rail and new serial number. See Pictures on Webshots. Many Thanks to Bill Trent and TGI.

http://community.webshots.com/album/560845037FHVfsr

·
Registered
658 Posts
That's a gorgeous rifle! Forgive the stupid question, but how do you know it's a Yugo rework? Mine has the Yugo crest on the receiver. What's the clue on this one that I'm missing?

·
Gold Bullet member
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's a gorgeous rifle! Forgive the stupid question, but how do you know it's a Yugo rework? Mine has the Yugo crest on the receiver. What's the clue on this one that I'm missing?[/QUOTE

Thanks, It was part of the import of Yugo Reworks from Yugoslavia by Tenn. Guns.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Radom1935;23995 Thanks said:
I wonder if that's from the warehouse Branko said they were clearing out? I've noticed more reports of M48s recently than I've seen in a long time.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Nice looking k98. I have a k98 with the crest intact, but the proof marks are scrubbed. The waffenamts are still present however. On the k98 forum people have indicated that these are Romanian capture guns. Apparently the Romanians did not scrub the receiver crests and replace them with their own crests as the Yugoslavians did.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have the website for Tenn Gun Parts. Is there a different site for TGI and, if so, what is it? Opps, forget the dumb question. I see the firearms listing now.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,705 Posts
Just got the Yugo 98K I bought from TGI. Excellent Rifle - Laminated Stock, beautiful bluing and excellent bore. No Markings except for S/42, 1937 on receiver. Mod. 98 on receiver side rail and new serial number. See Pictures on Webshots. Many Thanks to Bill Trent and TGI.

http://community.webshots.com/album/560845037FHVfsr
Nice looking rifle, looks pretty much "undisturbed", original markings.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts