Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there was some yugoslav 90s production 8mm "sniper" around. can anyone tell me or show me how to determine from the box markings whether some ammo offered for sale is this indeed stuff? thanks.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I believe this is it. It has an nny marking though I don't know if the others do 100%. Also the M75 designation may be the key to identifying them. These are advertised with JG Sales in case you want to see their disclaimer and info.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Quick way to tell from a distance.

The M75 sniper ammo fifteen round box is pure white. Other Yugo 8mm boxes are brown cardboard color.

Boxes will have M75 stamped on them. All yugo ammo I have seen has the type of bullet stamped on the box. M38 or M49,etc.

Also on the bottom right of the boxes the date. 93 the first two numbers in the picture.

The "sniper" ammo so far has all been from the nineties. So seventies or fifties in the brown box does not have the M75 bullet stamp.

Date is the first two numbers on bottom right of box.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
There was some Yugo m75 in brown boxes too. It is from the late eighties. I got a mixed batch of it when I ordered it from SportsmansGuide. I took it out to the range, and paired it against some P635 German ball ammo from 1939, and yes the German beat it! I did get one dud in the German in 7 boxes, but other than that, beat the Yugo in accuracy hands down. Headstamps were P635 45 L. 39, and also 48 L. 39. The German brass ammo that J&G had a few years back was the best buy of the 8mm glut we had for the last ten years of so!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts