Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
I'm glad I got some last year from centurys june specials

AM1238B Yugoslavian 8MM Ammo (198gr.) 50'S Mfg. Lead Core / Corrosive 15rd/box 900rd/can

Was $ 63.00 / can Now $ 49.50 / can

then again 8mm turk was $3.40 per 70 at wideners

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Thats one I have alot of. I went nuts on the stuff when is was $50 a case Back then I got a case of tracers in the 50s yugo and I wanted to get more so I got way WAY! to much I will never use it all.

Its good to see more.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Tracers

Thats one I have alot of. I went nuts on the stuff when is was $50 a case Back then I got a case of tracers in the 50s yugo and I wanted to get more so I got way WAY! I will never use it all.

Its good to see more.
What did the tracers look like?

R

·
0 Posts
If you need ammo for your Mauser the Romanian 8mm at AIM is just a little more $$ & much better quality IMHO.

I'm just glad I bought lots of crates last year when the prices were a lot lower.

·
Silver Bullet member
566 Posts
Hmmm... I seem to remember all the banter about how the 50's yugo stuff was crap - head separations, case splits, 'It'll blow up my rifle', etc.

A year or two ago I bought three cases for about 80 bucks ea. and I never had any problems with it.

Funny how things change when the supply goes way down and the prices triple...

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
The tracers are good old green tip yugo tracers same 15 rd box with a green stripe from corner to corner. And after all the cases I never got more.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hmmm... I seem to remember all the banter about how the 50's yugo stuff was crap - head separations, case splits, 'It'll blow up my rifle', etc.

A year or two ago I bought three cases for about 80 bucks ea. and I never had any problems with it.

Funny how things change when the supply goes way down and the prices triple...
HA! Right on. POF, 50's Yugo, Bulgarian this-and-that: all crap until it's all that's left, then "it's not that bad..." follows closely behind. :)

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Y'know....I didn't originally spout this but: "It's kinda odd when the rising cost of metals now, cause 50 year ammo to also rise in price".

I'm pretty well set except for the 1080 open tin of steel core 5.45x39 my dog RUINED by 'marking' it as his when I wasn't looking!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I think someone said that guys buy it and pull it down and sell it for scrap metal.

The high price of metals. And pulling down ammo for scrap metal should be against the LAW!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah, just three years ago, I was new at milsurps, and I bought one bando of 1947 Turk 8mm. Well, I shot that bando with no problems except a few split necks upon firing. I said so what? I then began reading all the horror stories about Turk ammo, and how bad, cheap and unreliable it was. I began buying a lot of it at $26.25 per 700 rnds. I have been glad that I bought several thousands of rounds of it because it is just FUN to shoot. I wonder if some of those guys who did not like and did not buy it at that price, would now be interested in some. I am keeping all mine, thank you very much.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yeah, just three years ago, I was new at milsurps, and I bought one bando of 1947 Turk 8mm. Well, I shot that bando with no problems except a few split necks upon firing. I said so what? I then began reading all the horror stories about Turk ammo, and how bad, cheap and unreliable it was. I began buying a lot of it at $26.25 per 700 rnds. I have been glad that I bought several thousands of rounds of it because it is just FUN to shoot. I wonder if some of those guys who did not like and did not buy it at that price, would now be interested in some. I am keeping all mine, thank you very much.
I bought thousands of rounds of Turk, maybe 5-7 for a couple bucks a bando just to put away. Now 1 bando is worth about 29.00, more than a case was worth. Loaded up on 10-12 thousand rds. of 70's Yugo and Romo between 2 and 4 years ago when it was really cheap. I'll never be able to shoot what I have, (and that's just the 8mm) it will eventually go to the kid. We have nothing on our side now for cheap ammo. Glad I loaded up on it when I did.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts