Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was one of 5 "Good Cracked" SKS that my dealer got-I had to have the one with the carved up stock.The stock had been broken and was nailed back together in Yugoslavia.I pried the stock apart along each of the cracks and poured in the Titebond wood glue.Nailed it back together and clamped it,let it sit for 2 days.Took it out and shot a couple of mags full and it all held together.Rifle matches,SN is G216787,has phosphor night sights and vented grenade launcher.Had to replace the gas vent,bore cleaned up ok.

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,362 Posts
The Yugo rifles with the stock carvings are always interesting to look at. I wonder if those are the names of the soldiers girl friends.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The "Drina" is a river in the former Yugoslavia-Girlfriend could be "Zoka" No Hasselhof or Bay watch babes pictures glued on stock.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I think the graffiti adds some character to the historical value. Nice find and save on the stock.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Its always nice to get some SKSes or AK furniture with graffiti. These have proven to be very collectible and people are paying premium for them once they dry up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts