Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Copper Bullet member
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend has a Yugoslavian Mauser, I think it's a 24/47, that he bought at Big 5 a couple years ago. He wants to sell it to me but I'm unsure of a fair price. It looks to be in great shape, the bore looks new but the stock looks sanded or something (it came that way-refurbished perhaps?).
He thinks he paid $150 for it, wondered if it's held it's value.

·
Registered
992 Posts
All matching numbers, exc condition w/ bayo and accessories it is worth $ 150. The market is so flooded with 24/47's and 48's that the prices havn't gone up much unless it is something special like one that retained its original M24 markings or a rarer rebuild factory like 137/124/145.

The 24/47's that B5 sold when they first came on the market were very nice arsenal new for the most part, better than what is for sale now ....

·
Platinum Bullet member
20,170 Posts
Ask him to think back to the purchase and see if he bought it during a Big 5 Manager's Special Sale? If so, he paid $79.95 + tax for it. All mine were bought within the last 3 years for that price.

$150 will be a good price someday, once the supply of 24/47's dries up.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
I agree with AZshooter. He definitely did not pay $150 for it a couple years ago (unless he was badly gypped).

In my local area they are reaching $159 and that should be considered an absolute ceiling.

Considering it's from a friend, I would consider no more than $120 a "fair" price as many are being offered for $109-$119 lately.

The piece you describe is a refurb (thus your stock sanding unless somebody else took it further).

·
Copper Bullet member
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. I didn't know if there was much difference between the 24/47 and the M48. I have an M48 that I paid $150 for several years ago. He couldn't remember what he paid for it, we assumed it was the same. He's a hunter and has absolutely no interest in milsurp. He decided he doesn't like the 8mm because it's not a common hunting caliber that he's familiar with.
He wants a 308 for a truck gun. I wonder how fair a trade an Ishapore Enfield (AIM special) would be for his rifle? He may not like it either (he hasn't seen it yet), but he said it sounded just like what he wanted.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
The 24/47 & M48 are identical actions. The 24/47 is standard with straight bolt and a slimmer stock with flat butt plate.
The M48 has a bent bolt and cupped butt plate on a heftier stock. Sling arrangement differs. Other difference too minor to list.
I assume you're suggesting a .308 conversion? I don't recall the value on those so don't know if it would be an equal trade or not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts