Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

· Registered
66 Posts
My first was a JC Higgans 20GA bolt action shotgun from my Dad on my 12th b-day. Loved that shotgun and thought my Dad was the greatest guy ever. Now I know he unloaded it on me because he hated it.:) Still have it and killed countless rabbits and squirrels with it. My first purchase was a Marlin M60 semi-auto .22. Bought it at K-mart at 8:00 PM with a thousand cartridges and walked out of the store and through the parking lot without so much as a second glance from anyone. I paid $59.00 for it. I still have it as well. A plug for Marlin, that rifle has fired THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of rounds and shoots perfect to this day. Both my kids learned on it and it is always a family favorite at the range.

· Registered
50 Posts
I was never given a gun as a kid unless you count a Red Rider lever action BB gun. For my 18th bday I was given my Romanian and after that I worked up the money to get my Remington 870. After that, I would spend entire paychecks on guns after bills. In fact, the stimulus check that happened at the beginning of the year is the reason I have my P90.

· Platinum Bullet Member
5,787 Posts
My Dad had Grand Pa's single shot 16ga shot gun made by Oak Leaf sometime in the early 20th or late 19th century. I just started using it and never gave it back, still have it. Dad bought me a bolt action 16ga at some point I don't remember which Xmas. It had an adjustable choke. Some bastard stole it.

· Registered
251 Posts
i had a bunch of antique stuff but the first one i could actually shoot was a Romanian AK-I was 16, i still love it, 2500 rounds later

· Registered
2,292 Posts
Rossi pump .22 rifle. A Winchester clone I think.

· Registered
1,169 Posts
Used my paper route money to mail order an $9.99 sporterized Carcano, $3.50 shipping, cheapest rifle in Guns and Ammo magazine, no FFL needed back then, heck no age requirement, it arrived with a large burned spot on the stock and smelled like it was liberated out of an outhouse, but it was all mine!

First shot with a high powered rifle was with it, case split, black greasy gas shot back all over my face.

· Gold Bullet member
876 Posts
For my 13th Birthday, I got a H&R single shot 12 gauge. Killed many birds with it. I used to have contests with my brother, to see how many blackbirds we could kill with one shot. (cats loved me too, they would follow me anytime I walked out with a gun).

First gun I bought was a Marlin model 60. Bought it at Kmart, for about $70.

· Registered
3,557 Posts
On my 18th birthday I bought an SA-85M, a Hungarian AK underfolder, as my first true firearm. A local firearms store let me put it on layaway until my birthday. Those were the days of cash and carry....
I for my my first handgun I bought a Beretta 92FS, again, I was able to put it on layaway until the day I turned 21.
I miss the days of cash and carry.
I still have both of them.

· Banned
10,365 Posts
A Crossman BB gun was my first, given to me by my step father, and I know, though I haven't seen it in at least 15 years, have it around here SOMEWHERE!?!?!?!
First real gun I bought myself, a Mossberg 500 with 28" and 18.5" barrels I bought at Service Merchandise, first handgun soon after was a Redhawk .44 mag. Sold the Ruger to raise money to start up a business, the Mossy is still my first go to for things that go bump in the middle of the night.

· Registered
284 Posts
A daisy BB gun.

First real gun was a .22 cal Glenfield Marlin model 25 bolt action that I got when I was about 11. I still have the Marlin, in fact I recently did a trigger upgrade and a cosmetic refurb on it and gave it to my daughter...still shoots good.

· Registered
674 Posts
A Crossman BB gun.

Real gun wise, my first was a Remington 870 Wingmaster in 20 gauge. Still have it, will never part with it. It belonged to my god-father (he and I shared a birthday), and then when he passed, he left it to my grandfather, who gave it to me on my 12th birthday. Hopefully one day, I can maintain it's legacy and pass it on to a child or grandchild of mine.

· Silver Bullet Member an all around excellent guy
49,992 Posts
First BB Gun: A pump action with a plastic stock that had warped in my grandparent's attic since it was left standing in a corner in the heat. - still have it.

First "real" firearm that was all mine: .410 Mossberg bolt action shotgun that knocked many a squirrel senseless along the tree line that bordered the soybeans until I graduated to a scoped .22

21 - 40 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.