Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Diamond Bullet Member
1,970 Posts
sporters

I have two, I am inept at most things mechanical so -

View attachment 147385

I found this in a pawnshop about 4 years ago. D&T, bolt bent (I'm not thrilled with the bolt, I'll have it redone someday), buttpad added, adjustable trigger and bedded. Gave $150 for it. Chunked the simmons it came with and put on the Weaver. I have since replaced all my Weavers and it wears a 6x Nikon Monarch. Shoots very well with 170 RN.

View attachment 147384

A VZ24 action, 6.5-06. Original work done in S.C. - had it rebarreled last year by ER Shaw. Hogue overmolded stock with aluminum bedding block. Timney trigger, I'm pretty sure thats a VX-II 3x9 scope.

Here's the first target (with new bbl) trying some different loads. (100 yds, front rest, rear bag. 1" squares on the targets)
View attachment 147386

Hopefully some others will chime in.

·
Gold Bullet member
785 Posts
T38 Arisaka action, E.R. Shaw barrel chambered in 6.5x55, Fajen stock, Huber Concepts trigger, Millet Scope

I received the rifle from a friend with original T38 barrel and a hopelessly buggered scope mounting job.
The guy must have done the work blindfolded. After my gunsmith lined up the weaver bases, I mounted a scope, cleaned the barrel and went to the range. I couldn't get it on paper at 25yds with the original barrel, so off to E.R. Shaw for a new barrel. Since I already had a T99 and T38, I decided to have the sporter chambered in 6.5x55. It is a very accurate shooter. It will never replace my M70 Winchester Featherweight in 6.5x55, but it is a nice addition to my collection.

·
Gold Bullet Member
767 Posts
257 bob on a G33/40 action

300 win mag on a VZ 23 action.

Top- 270 wby custom on unnumbered FN action, bottom-6mm rem on a 17 Amberg action.

Rad

·
Registered
323 Posts
here are a couple of them i have going on.
this one is built on a dwm gew98 receiver with an extended rear tang. it has a 6.5x55 tapered octagon barrel & double set triggers. the stock is a oberndorf classic from great american gunstocks. i still have to make the quarter rib & front sight ramp. fit the shotgun style triggergaurd, buttplate, grip cap & make a hinged lever release floorplate.

here is another one that i really like. its a copy of a springfield 1903 nra sporter. i'm building another one in 22 hornet.

this one is a 35whelen built on a 1908 dwm oberndorf receiver. good shooer & carries very well.

bsa lee speed in 303. a fine example of an early british sporting rifle that has been on safari in africa at the turn of the century & now hunts whitetails in texas.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Most ashamed of ....

Never will own a Savage #4 as nice as this one again . Wood was done when I bought it . Barrel was cut and receiver D&T by my gunsmith .
It is nice , but wish I could click "undo" :mad:. I'm going to make it look original again . My first mil-surp .

·
Gold Bullet member
785 Posts
Never will own a Savage #4 as nice as this one again . Wood was done when I bought it . Barrel was cut and receiver D&T by my gunsmith .
It is nice , but wish I could click "undo" :mad:. I'm going to make it look original again . My first mil-surp .
It really is nice, though I understand your historical concerns. Good luck with the restoration work!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.