Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Lee these loads are safe in my CZ 550 and my husky 1951 FN 98 /heym barreled 9.3x62
I am not advocating you use them especially in a 96 but I have worked them up to this level and they are safe with no pressure signs and multiple reloadings on the same cases with tight primer pockets in my rifles . Velocities are over my F1 and pro chrono at 15 feet and before some one jumps in with the sky is falling standard don't push it past its 1906 load level response or it does its best work at 2300 fps remember you asked!
Graff case Fed 210 primer
65.0 RL 15 Nosler 250 bt 2700 fps ,
63.0 RL 15 Speer 270 2550 fps
60.0 RL 15 Nosler 286 partiton 2460 fps
all velocities were recorded in a cz 550 medium , I have pushed them harder but these are the loads I have settled on in my rifle. All deliver sub moa accuracy in my cz 550, I'm still fine tuning loads for my hunting FN and have settled on a slightly less powerful load with the PP286 for my douglas barreled , iron sighted (work) husky 98 FN defense rifle 59.0 RL 15, manageable recoil and a quick second shot are more important than velocity/trajectory in this rifle.

So do with it as you will and just remember what works for me may not work for you.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks for sharing Daryl, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only guy who thinks this cartridge is loaded soft by the manufacturers. Have you used the 270 speer on game at those velocities and if so how did it hold up? A friend and I have done some penetration/stress testing with the 286 PP bullets and have found them to be pretty tough, I'll take some pics of the next round and post them up if there is any interest, just havent used the speers for anything but paper yet.

·
Registered
29 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.