Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Paul
It is a Tula mount (correction Kr 324).
Will advise but keep you eye on Broker. I'm trying to sell 2 to 3 guns a week. Mostly MN now. Just sold a Russian single shot trainer today. I think the buyer got a great deal. Nice rifle (see 7.62X54r web site).
Steve

·
Silver Bullet Member
4,114 Posts
How many completely matching Finn capture original configuration snipers (not with infantry stock and bolt) with base are in the US? Less than a handful I think. The base matches the scope, not the serial on the gun, so this is also correct.

If I didn't intend to buy more of Steve's stuff, I'd be after a scope for it right now!

·
Gold Bullet member
14,231 Posts
How many completely matching Finn capture original configuration snipers (not with infantry stock and bolt) with base are in the US? Less than a handful I think. The base matches the scope, not the serial on the gun, so this is also correct.

If I didn't intend to buy more of Steve's stuff, I'd be after a scope for it right now!

It is my understanding that about 200 Finn snipers came in the US via Century in various degress of completeness. Many did not have bases and many did not have turned down bolts. They are not common. Original PEM rifles of any sort simply are not available. These Finns are as close as we can generally get. I am lucky, and not without effort, to own three or four and a couple of PEs.

Completely matching? I doubt there are a handful.

·
Gold Bullet member
12,938 Posts
Congrats to the purchaser! All matching with the original sniper bolt...I am very surprised this example did not attract more deep pockets and sell for twice what it did.

Personally I have no interest in owning a so-called "re-snipered" PE or PEM with a reproduction bolt or added base. Not for $500 or $5000. Or any price in between.

The auction rifle in question is the real deal.

·
Silver Bullet Member
4,114 Posts
It is my understanding that about 200 Finn snipers came in the US via Century in various degress of completeness. Many did not have bases and many did not have turned down bolts. They are not common. Original PEM rifles of any sort simply are not available. These Finns are as close as we can generally get. I am lucky, and not without effort, to own three or four and a couple of PEs.

Completely matching? I doubt there are a handful.
The number that Vic and others discussed in another thread seemed to number about 100 of the infantry converted snipers with 70 or so going to big Jim as U-Fix ems for $25 and and another 20 or so going somewhere else. But the Finnish records do say 206 in inventory. Maybe Steve can tell us. The turned down sniper bolt/original config guns are probably included in that list. Anyone else have a REAL original config PE/PEM with base from Finland??

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.