Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
14,242 Posts
That base appears to be numbered KT324 and not matching the rifle as it should not match as Molosky points out. Of course that does not mean it was the original base but I guess we do not know.

As mjmd points out, it is kinda nice to see these valued so high, at least until I try to buy another. At least a couple bidders thought that it was worth quite a bit of cash.

·
Gold Bullet member
14,242 Posts
How many completely matching Finn capture original configuration snipers (not with infantry stock and bolt) with base are in the US? Less than a handful I think. The base matches the scope, not the serial on the gun, so this is also correct.

If I didn't intend to buy more of Steve's stuff, I'd be after a scope for it right now!

It is my understanding that about 200 Finn snipers came in the US via Century in various degress of completeness. Many did not have bases and many did not have turned down bolts. They are not common. Original PEM rifles of any sort simply are not available. These Finns are as close as we can generally get. I am lucky, and not without effort, to own three or four and a couple of PEs.

Completely matching? I doubt there are a handful.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.