Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 4 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
2,278 Posts
great rifle but a bit high. If you missed out on that one you can always buy one of the Tikka 91/30s up for auction with PU scopes. one was taken right out of the crate at the importer with the scope already on it, LOL!

It is nice to see them approaching their real value. Far rarer than the common configs of most original WW2 98 snipers and no where near the money. Now i would like to see a unmolested PU go up for sale.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,278 Posts
The serial number on the base doesn't match the rest of the original Mosin PE/PEM sniper rifle. The number of the base matches only the mount.
I had a all matching non import side mount battlefield rifle in my hands and passed when i noticed the scope and mount numbered to the rifle to include the letter prefixes. (the rifle was original in every way as were the scope mount/base parts) It was a great numbering job , who ever did it. Scary good stamps used on the mount and base and great patina .The moral.. They are out there and paying attention now. Then there was the one Joop spotted on Gbroker.

I do not believe the base matched the rifle on the one that just sold. I do believe a original base was added to the open tap reciever by the owner

How rare is it to see an unmolested matching PEM WW2 sniper rifle , outside of a museum, in Russia? What would one sell for there?

1 - 3 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.