·
Silver Bullet Member
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, It went for a thousand more than I was willing to bid. Nice rifle. Have a scope and mount for it even..;)

Yeah, I just won a 39 PEM scope that would have gone nicely with it. I don't think I would want to shoot it with that much into it though.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,399 Posts
Yeah, I just won a 39 PEM scope that would have gone nicely with it. I don't think I would want to shoot it with that much into it though.
I'd have no problem shooting it. Can't really hurt the rifle if you clean it properly and those scopes are quite robust as well!

·
Registered
430 Posts
I dont think its a problem if its miss matched as the base rifle is in the same serial number batch of snipers but would have been nice to see if the base was matched or taked from another sniper rifle.
Paul

·
Silver Bullet Member
3,670 Posts
great rifle but a bit high. If you missed out on that one you can always buy one of the Tikka 91/30s up for auction with PU scopes. one was taken right out of the crate at the importer with the scope already on it, LOL!

·
Gold Bullet member
2,278 Posts
great rifle but a bit high. If you missed out on that one you can always buy one of the Tikka 91/30s up for auction with PU scopes. one was taken right out of the crate at the importer with the scope already on it, LOL!

It is nice to see them approaching their real value. Far rarer than the common configs of most original WW2 98 snipers and no where near the money. Now i would like to see a unmolested PU go up for sale.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,278 Posts
The serial number on the base doesn't match the rest of the original Mosin PE/PEM sniper rifle. The number of the base matches only the mount.
I had a all matching non import side mount battlefield rifle in my hands and passed when i noticed the scope and mount numbered to the rifle to include the letter prefixes. (the rifle was original in every way as were the scope mount/base parts) It was a great numbering job , who ever did it. Scary good stamps used on the mount and base and great patina .The moral.. They are out there and paying attention now. Then there was the one Joop spotted on Gbroker.

I do not believe the base matched the rifle on the one that just sold. I do believe a original base was added to the open tap reciever by the owner

How rare is it to see an unmolested matching PEM WW2 sniper rifle , outside of a museum, in Russia? What would one sell for there?

·
Gold Bullet member
14,242 Posts
That base appears to be numbered KT324 and not matching the rifle as it should not match as Molosky points out. Of course that does not mean it was the original base but I guess we do not know.

As mjmd points out, it is kinda nice to see these valued so high, at least until I try to buy another. At least a couple bidders thought that it was worth quite a bit of cash.

·
Registered
430 Posts
yes I am sure the new owner is happy I am sure the one I saw in the pattern room was the same with missed matched scope bracket and base also a Finnish capture I guess they removed the bases when converting the chamber to the D type bullet? and put back a matched bracket and base?

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
I'm the seller. I'm glad it's going to a good home. The buyer has been in contact with me and appears to be an advanced collector. This is the best PEM that I've ever seen. I'm liquidating my Mosin collection due to retirement (moving ) plans. Its been hard to see them go but I'm glad they are going to someone who appreciates them. Holding off selling the Mausers and Enfields (around 175 total) for now. I have around 15 more Mosins to sell.
Have sold a SVT sniper, Egypt FN49 sniper, MAS 49/56 sharpshooter in the last 3 months.
Steve

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.