Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Gold Bullet member
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a single report of goodies snagged from the TMCA show this weekend. Come on guys help a poor guy Jonesing for a fix. Nine hundred miles away, working 90 hours a week and nothing to spend it on (well, I am bring home some shotguns and rifles I found, Can't have the New Yorkers get in trouble by having them). Sidenote; as I don't have a NY Pistol Permit, I can't even touch a pistol in this state!

· Gold Bullet Member/Moderator/Administrator/
27,782 Posts
Good show

Couldn't swing a dead cat and not find some [email protected]@p everywhere. I guess people are getting out, 'because EVERYBODY was selling that stuff. ;)
Found me a sweet 1942 Long Branch, looks nearly new, dark walnut stocks, New Zeland marked, with a 1942 marked sling. Got home and found a EFD brass oiler in the butt; Sweet! Some fellow had a Class III BM-59 for $10,500, which I think is a good price for such a go fast gun. Saw a 91/30 sniper repro for $400.00, a No 5 Mk 1 for $275,
Swiss K-11 rifles were all over. At least 3 that I saw. I should have snagged me one.
Good show. I look forward to the next one.

· Registered
102 Posts
I got there about 10:30 on Saturday, so no telling what I missed on Friday. Most of the same dealers who are always there, but also a few new ones with some different stuff.

I picked up a really nice 1918-dated Webley Mark VI with a WWII-era holster for $360. Unfortunately, the cyclinder has been shaved for .45 ACP, but since I got it for a decent price I'm going to get a replacement cyclinder so I can shoot it with .455 as his Majesty's government intended.

Also got a few other odds and ends, including a copy of Canfield's "U.S. Infantry Weapons of World War II" for $25. All in all a pretty good show.

· Premium Member
704 Posts
We went to the Ktown magic show, it was like the Y2K all over again. They were backed out past the end of the building. Ga Ammo didn't even show up, I heard that they were sold out of almost all their ammo. There weren't any of the regular AR-15 vendors that made it either. The dealers that were there had prices that were higher than you could shoot a gun. I sold one of my old FAL's for $1,500 and could have sold ten more like it if I'd had them. Wld. Bill bought a couple pistols and a nice 7mm Mauser, Ol' Duke got another .22 semi auto, and LBJ sold a shotgun. We had a great time as always but it was so crowded you couldn't stir them with a stick.

· Registered
173 Posts
Was at TMCA on Friday around 11:20am. Prices werent that bad, depending on what you looked at. Record-setting crowd (or close to it I would imagine), and the show wasnt even open to the public yet!

For my crew (4 of us), there wasnt anything to buy that we were looking for or didnt already have. I bought Vanderlinden's Holsters and Shoulder Stocks of the World in like new condition for $35, and so did another one of our group. One of the crew bought a nice Japanese trainer rifle, and another collector friend, who came up separately, bought the other.

A different collector friend of mine bought the No. 5 Enfield MkI Enfield rifle mentioned in Limpetmine's post.

The president of AMCA found a rare variation of a WWI German bayonet, and was pleased.

Saw SlimTim, GurnBlanston, and some other Gunboard members, which was great as always.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.