Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
55,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
home land security "house residence" renumbering has been 90% complete in WV...when wife retired from 911 4 years back.... her job alone with naming new roads, renaming old roads..... finding all structures from airplane photo's taken at 12:00 noon as not have shadows, satellite photo's......old maps, and driving to each residence with GPS recorded info! ASSIGNING NUMBERS.....
now you drivers license are interwoven TIGHTER this year along with ALREADY IN PLACE face recognition technology...(i failed a face rec. past license...lucky every one knew me!)
you can even give your finger prints at the DMV....

......THIS IS RURAL WAVe ...back roads, barns, abandon buildings, mine sites, old old structures long forgotten......till now!:eek:given new addressing numbers......

your thoughts on this........ like how this may affect us in a shtf situation, bugging out, or staying put in your house.....?
if and it is correlated with other informations and are put forward to "find" / "help" used in a shtf time ...
it will be a "great" help to our government to reorganize the populace locations, feeding, bring in medical,......
or to round up the uncooperative groups or their family members.......
now i really feel secure.....don't you!:confused:

·
Diamond Bullet Member and the Revered Sir Jim
48,478 Posts
I live in a rural county and it sure helped getting an ambulance or fire truck to the right place.

·
Gold Bullet member
876 Posts
Are you sure this is homeland security?

My parents had to go through the same thing when 911 was voted in, during the early 1990's. Before that the dirt roads did not have names, and we would have to give directions if we called the Sheriff or Ambulance. Can you imagine the chaos if some hunter from the city had an accident? There would be no way he could explain where he was before the roads were named (and the signs were put at every intersection)

·
Silver Bullet member
55,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
its been a great help here too....but some of the name changes new signs....caused delays...
it has great benefits in that area even serving warrants, enhancing investigations....getting property taxes,
building permits and inspections too, repossessions, foreclosures....

Ben yes, not new news:
this 10 year move is attached to monies available through homeland security since 911...
wife WORK AT 911 and friends in the two agencies DMV...
partnership first with Verizon communications then another when they couldn't meet dead lines or fix problems with their hard ware.... coupled with telephone land lines and cells they already had info on...mapping with profiles current..
many other organizations, banks rules too... to open new accounts use same manner of ID's home locations, physical address required, post office and ask for it / keep it too up date old accounts current....
electric companies rules use collect these info to get new hook ups...
most companies have fallen into the same info to do business with new customers ID's profiles profiles following the trend....
TSA info profiles at airports to get tickets.... THE LIST IS COMMON AND LONG...
all are hedging the gov. security to protect our identities they say..... collect this type of info in coordination with government rules, money, up dating 911 communication equipment and total mapping identifying related to GPS in each county, then connected to state government agencies...fire police, then total government related needs?
every state in the USA was / is slated years ago......i'm not current she retired with sickness.....
i bring this up again cause my parents went through a very hard time at DMV....with even newer requirements....
ss card, marriage license, birth certificate (if divorced each time all papers) whole names must match in spelling to the letter.... dad had to change Johnny to John on SS card, mom had to change her first name to Christine on birth certificate it was Christina she's 82 never knew this, never saw her birth certificate....never called that?.....
it was to expensive to change all the mistakes on all a life time of paper work so name change was the easiest cheapest and a lawyer and a court date will finally fix this new problem......

you know its a positive move to know where every on in the USA is or lives....for their own needs benefits safety......"draft boards", voter registrations, population censuses in the future all on the gov.net.work...

a terrorist won't have a chance to hide.....http://www.transportation.wv.gov/dmv...formation.aspx

·
Silver Bullet member
55,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WE ALL should check our on states DMV site in order to prepare for your renewal....in case shtf your not able to get all the info together......later prepare a file folder of all the needs listed....travel may have restrictions in a crises......let us know if its the same changes....all over the country!

·
Copper Bullet member
4,850 Posts
Garmin not always that accurate ...
While onboard navigation was a tremendous improvement over paper map books for 911 Emergency response, it is not universally accurate for locating a specific house number.
I pilot a Paramedic truck for a living and we rely on a Garmin + other computer web based nav apps to get where we are going.
Sometimes, it is accurate within feet of the correct house number. Other times, it can be off by a quarter mile! You may be on the right street but it is telling you that you have arrived at the address which turns out to be a block or so distant.
It does not always pick the fastest or most efficient path to get there and wanders off on a sightseeing tour through neighborhood streets and going in circles. One still has to know primary roads and shortcuts and when to ignore the device.
If you want 911 Emergency Medical Services response in a timely manner ... Make sure to put your HOUSE NUMBER in at least 4" letters in a prominent spot easily visible from the street as well on any mailbox or sign post to your driveway! It must be visible in the dark, in rain, snow, fog and preferably reflective to catch the alley lights on response vehicles.
There is an EMERGENCY flasher wall switch available for your porch light that will make it flash. They make it easy to pick out the right house from a block or more away!

Fire has it a bit easier ... look for the glow in the sky and follow the smoke!

Remember:When seconds count, the police are only minutes away ...

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
your thoughts on this........ like how this may affect us in a shtf situation, bugging out, or staying put in your house.....?
if and it is correlated with other informations and are put forward to "find" / "help" used in a shtf time ...
it will be a "great" help to our government to reorganize the populace locations, feeding, bring in medical,......
or to round up the uncooperative groups or their family members.......
Well DK, acording to most of your own "scenarios", the govt has no ability to function, no power, no money (no banks), no water, no motor fuel (no electricity, and no money), etc, etc, etc., so just who do you figure will be doing the "rounding up" of the "un-cooperative"?

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
There is an EMERGENCY flasher wall switch available for your porch light that will make it flash. They make it easy to pick out the right house from a block or more away
Both the double-PAR flood assy's on our house have a setting in them that if you switch them off-on a couple times quickly, they go into "flasher" mode, automatically reset by either shutting off for a minuite, or by the photocell at sunrise.

·
Silver Bullet member
55,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
old stuffer:..... this is not a scenario....reality is stranger than fiction!

data gathering up to the point of any disruption is what they do best!
the gathering are criminal elements, extremist,.......
this type of info is to help during a natural/ unnatural disaster to best organize ideas, bring in meds. supplies.....
it is if used for the good? what a helping government should do before problems arise......
ifshtf.com will be the last link to population profiles......

this isn't evil unless evil is in control...
i brought this up as a reminder that here in the back woods of our country that feeling of security out of the city reaches of modern designs, are no longer that far off the grid.......

and if gov. "help" is available it can be directed to your front door more effectively tracking your modern connections to services needed provided !
all this helping us to survive a shtf situation.....

i like the house flasher idea where do you get them?

·
Diamond Member
13,476 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
55,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
rigor and relevance

though about it.....but didn't "prepare well enough for it!":laugh:

i did a thread once long time back that had the shadows of how it would be as things ran out and trade ability gained top economic peaks.........

i think its "in the preparring" that's the answer itself the cognative going though each step of all needs worked out in part before it happens!
.....as above we become easily dependent on the system working in a monumental pepeticual way.......that we think will never end!

so we must step out of our comfort zone and ask ourselves many a serious question?.....

WHAT IF....information was blocked or used wrongly against us?.....
we had to break ties with "this is the way it is" to: how could i provide for my family's all, the needs to exist without governmental local assistance.....

or if a natural disaster occurred....food, water, shelter all the needs extras, pantries, scavenging, procuring....needs that i could have on hand to easy in our new enlightenment of a situation!

i have lived through two devastating 100 year floods 9 months apart back to back.....
wiping out all stocked piled resources county wide down to toilet paper, electric, gas, heating fuels gone...
was no escaping to the hills, no roads, bridges, trapped where you were when the hit!
a flash food of biblical proportions...........

no form of preparing could stop 18 + feet of water traveling faster than a car over anything in its path.....
100 year old structures simply disappeared in a flash....
months of nothing but military vehicles, dust the taste, smells in your mouth, never feeling clean.....
houses buildings, cars, Mobil homes, no phone coverage, no tv, only a SW radio for news....
everything said.... even the one that believe as we do prepared for anything all gone or under water to swift to get to for weeks, months....
years of houses being condemned, tore down gone ever 1/2's of towns?

mom dad's house stocked with months of supplies....(depression era children) water up to the second story window...all gone!

relevance rigor to the topic:
that's why this home land security info gathering is so important( if used in the proper manner)..... it will help coordinate relief efforts.
in our county twice damaged and the second one was the best organized relief effort....because of info from the first flood!

·
Diamond Bullet Member
10,289 Posts
e-identification is exploding worldwide. India set up a program in 2009 to try to cut down on theft of aid to the poor. Surprisingly, tasked with IDing several hundred million people living largely in shanty towns with no electricity, the group in charge is successfully registering about a hundred million people a year. The politicians are flummoxed. They supported the effort because cutting down on corruption made them look good but of course most of them are in on the corruption. They are now trying to find excuses not to use the system, which they never imagined could be successfully implemented.

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
old stuffer:..... this is not a scenario....reality is stranger than fiction!

i like the house flasher idea where do you get them?
Not around here.

You read the boxes on the new PAR flood assemblies that you installin place of the old ones, this is where you find the "flasher-equipped" ones. Look atr the motion-sensored-triggered ones.

·
Gold bullet with Oak Clusters member
15,560 Posts
Well DK, acording to most of your own "scenarios", the govt has no ability to function, no power, no money (no banks), no water, no motor fuel (no electricity, and no money), etc, etc, etc., so just who do you figure will be doing the "rounding up" of the "un-cooperative"?
Especially when word gets around that "the uncooperative" will shoot

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
I have active experience in mapping techniques. It is done for many good reasons, some of which are stated above ( 911, disaster relief ), but, I would certainly not rule out the hidden reasons. Government geo-coding is extensive, detailed, and accurate. Google search your address, on Google Maps you can walk a little person around some of your yards........... this technology is available to everyone with a computer. You should see what's not available to you !! Personally, I am not concerned, when the S does HTF, whether by our hand or someone elses, my thought is that computer networks will be the first to be taken down, so most of this collected and stored data will be useless.

·
Gold Bullet Member
321 Posts
Mapping is very important. It is one of my hobbies. When we went to Iraq the best maps available were street maps. They worked good. During the Civil War the best maps ever drawn of many states were produced. Prior to that Thomas Jeffersons Father helped create the most accurate map of the James River ever drawn (He lived on the James). Our present map agency is very important, like it or not.

·
Silver Bullet member
55,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I WORKED A SURVEYOR TWO YEARS SUMMERS....mapping old / new mine sites, building roads for a construction company with the contract.....shoot at twice, and one gun to the head....now i'm teaching...safer no...older wiser yes!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.