Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know a guy who has a truck like the one I saw at the center of the crime scene when I left the show around 1PM. Does anyone know the ID of the shooter/victim? WGAL news does not have anything on their site when I checked. If anyone has more info. please let me know! Thanks.

·
Silver Bullet member
34,747 Posts
Google has a few articles, no name yet. Probably pending notification of next-of-kin.

·
Copper Bullet member
406 Posts
Apparently happened while I was standing in line waiting to get in. Some people heard the shot but dismissed it as a backfire as it was somewhat muffled. If it turns out to be suicide, I don't believe his name will be released. It's a real shame the main stream media will try to milk this tradgedy for it's anti gun agenda.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I talked to one of the vendors who said he heard the pop of the shot and was one of the first on the scene. Not pretty. When I left, one truck was still sitting there and it had a fan shaped ejecta pattern on the right front fender. Dense pattern about three-four feet long as visible from approximately 50 yards away. Working in the OR, I see gore every day but I'd really like to find out that this unfortunate individual was not someone I know.

·
Silver Bullet member
34,747 Posts
I was going to say, the local news didn't name the man yet, but said he was 57 and from Middle River MD (1930s-era Martin Aerospace housing due east of me on the other side of Baltimore).

·
Silver Bullet member
770 Posts
Where is the anti gun attitude by the reporter? He stated that the gunshow loophole has to do with all private sales not gunshows. Sounds like simple facts of the law to me, more than you usually get.
I'd hate to be the seller who sold to a out of state buyer.

·
Copper Bullet member
406 Posts
Where is the anti gun attitude by the reporter? He stated that the gunshow loophole has to do with all private sales not gunshows. Sounds like simple facts of the law to me, more than you usually get.
I'd hate to be the seller who sold to a out of state buyer.
What if the seller was from the same same state as the buyer. There is no gunshow loophole that allows someone to break a state law. It is perfectly legal from residents of the same state to sell long guns face to face without a background check as long as the seller is not a dealer. It is not the fault of the gunshow if the seller broke any laws. Perhaps he bought it from a dealer who ran all it through the proper channels and no laws were broken. The reporter doesn't state any particulars about the transaction but his refernce to a loophole makes it sound as if a gunshow somehow allows people to circumvent laws that are already in place.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
There is an article yesterday on GuncoNet about this, the brother of the dude who killed himself posted that his Brother had had many issues and after loosing his Job, saw this as the only way out, but had never told his plans the anybody!
His brother said also the seller should not feel responsible in the least!

·
Platinum Bullet Member
7,491 Posts
What if the seller was from the same same state as the buyer. There is no gunshow loophole that allows someone to break a state law. It is perfectly legal from residents of the same state to sell long guns face to face without a background check as long as the seller is not a dealer. It is not the fault of the gunshow if the seller broke any laws. Perhaps he bought it from a dealer who ran all it through the proper channels and no laws were broken. The reporter doesn't state any particulars about the transaction but his refernce to a loophole makes it sound as if a gunshow somehow allows people to circumvent laws that are already in place.
My sympathies to the man's family. Odd how the reporter never considered that you can kill yourself with a gun bought with a NICS check. :tisk: Truth is, the method of purchase is absolutely irrelevant to this tragedy.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
QUOTE!

http://www.gunco.net/forums/f108/man-shot-york-pa-gun-show-55026/

blessedofhim
Gunco Rookie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He was my brother. I cared about him. He was very depressed as he was ill and lost his job. If anyone knows the one who sold him the gun, please tell him that it wasn't their fault. I do not hold the expo responsible

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
My sympathies to the man's family. Odd how the reporter never considered that you can kill yourself with a gun bought with a NICS check. :tisk: Truth is, the method of purchase is absolutely irrelevant to this tragedy.
How ironic that the former DOJ attorney (who defended the Brady Law in court in 1994) did exactly that just one year ago. He purchased a .38 caliber revolver from a Maryland gunshop with a NICS and a waiting period too. This unstable anti-gun lawyer blew his brains out in the Washington DC office, after getting laid off by his law firm on April 30, 2009.

The dead man's last name was Levy. Look him up in the Washington Post's Obituary archives...

·
Diamond Bullet Member
1,774 Posts
It is fundamentally no different than a man going to a car lot, buying a car (signing papers etc) and then driving it off a bridge.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
967 Posts
Yes, it is a sad story. What is even sadder is a comment that people should off themselves in a private setting. God knows we certainly wouldn't want that kind of relentless pain intruding into our idealic lives in such an "in your face" way. Something like that might even force us to acknowledge that this type of thing exists. I can only imagine that, in some way, this human being probably cried out for help - albeit likely not in a direct manner - repeatedly but it appears no one noticed. Well, everyone notices now don't they...after it is too late to extend a compassionate hand. Besides possibly preventing a tragic incident such as this, giving a s*** about this man's agony would also have NOT given this so called "well known anti-gunner" fodder to write about. From MY prespective, compassion is as much a part of responsible gun ownership as following proper gun-handling procedures!

Sad story. People that off themselves should do it it a private setting......................The news reporter of above article is a well known anti gunner,he has to get a jab in when he can.

·
Registered
6,839 Posts
Yes, it is a sad story. What is even sadder is a comment that people should off themselves in a private setting. God knows we certainly wouldn't want that kind of relentless pain intruding into our idealic lives in such an "in your face" way.
did it ever occur to you that if someone shoots themselves in a public place, that there is a possibility that the guy screws it up and ends up killing someone that doesn't want to die? no, guess that didn't occur to you.

·
Copper Bullet member
4,063 Posts
Always a shame when someone ends it all (unless they happen to be one of the people involved somehow with helping the Brady campaign, at which point it should be considered a national day of celebration when they off themselves)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.