Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't remember if the yo marking has been discussed before or not and my search of the forums came up empty. Picture below of a 1933 Tula M91/30 with the yo mark above the arsenal logo. I assume this is an unknown marking? Has it been seen before? I'm debating whether or not to buy it as the yo is the only thing of interest to me about this particular rifle. The price is $125 and the rifle has a counter bored muzzle (I know it shouldn't detract), rifling is dark with some light pitting, Century import with the smaller DOT matrix mark on the side of the receiver, and the stock is a war time. I already own a nice 1933 Tula. Do you think the unusual yo marking makes it worth getting?

·
Platinum Bullet Member
7,623 Posts
FYI, that mark transliterates as "UO", but as to what it means I have no clue. If I had $125 and the space to spare, I would probably buy it. It is a bit like having a Triangle 25 (AKA /25\) rifle. You never know if the real meaning might be discovered some day and make it highly prized overnight.

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
9,232 Posts

·
Diamond w/Oak Clusters and Swords Bullet Member
None of your business.
17,532 Posts
Украинский Округ
Уголовная Охрана
just to name a few possibilities ;)
Ukrainian District is a bit vague, unless the whole of the Ukraine was considered a district. Criminal protection seems appropriate. :)

I'd get it too.

·
Diamond w/Oak Clusters and Swords Bullet Member
None of your business.
17,532 Posts
You will notice that I did not claim any of them were worth anything. :D
I noticed :D That's why I liked the "Criminal Protection" suggestion the best. :)

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was snagged by someone else today and strangely I'm glad as I don't need to buy anything else for a while. Thus to whoever that bought it nice score and thank you for saving me some money.:)

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,576 Posts
Ulp!

Now I feel, just like I do, right after I kick the cat.......:( I guess I owe you one, Paul. I don't feel as bad, as when I snaked that pristine Chcom SKS out from under my pal Roberts nose, however.......:eek: Pics are courtesy of J&G Sales. I dusted off the receiver in photo shop and lightened it up some.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No need to feel bad at all I'm glad a fellow Gunboards collector got it. If you get a chance post some pics after you receive it. I'm curious to see if there is anything else unusual about this rifle.

·
Copper Bullet member
947 Posts
I would have gotten it, that isw a very pronounced stamping I have never seen before.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.