Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 40 of 81 Posts

· Registered
7,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Does it make you feel any sort of shame to be around people who actually do value their citizenship enough to do more than just pretend to be more patriotic than everyone else?
you're now on ignore, enjoy.

· Registered
3,940 Posts
The military is not out to get anyone. One of the few hopes I have is that our men and women in uniform understand and take to heart their oath about upholding and defending the Constitution and to protect it from ALL enemies, foreign and domestic.

I take pride in knowing we are one of the few, the very few nations where the military swears an allegiance to the document that structures the nation and not to the nation's leaders.

However I am aware of the many people, especially non-citizen military personnel, who are willing to do anything for their citizenship. Let us not forget the line most spoken at Nuremberg, "I was just following orders."

To those who sling around the expression "tin-foil hat". 9 Months ago, my side of the argument was wearing this hat when we said the economy was going to take a severe turn for the worse. Look where we are now. You all scoffed and laughed at the warnings of people like Dr. Paul, Peter Schiff and the Austrian school of economics. Current events would suggest that the ones wearing anything would be the nay-sayers that are wearing blindfolds.
MB,
Once again, MamasBoy, there are about 30,000 non-citizen soldiers in the military.
One for every 130 square miles of the US.
Few are officers.
Not all of the 30,000 are trained in warfare.
Take off your tin foil hat and tell us how they'd be deployed.
What percentage of that 30,000 would take part?

What would be the reaction of Americans to illegal aliens trying to take our guns.

How long would an illegal alien want to persue such an unpopular and dangerous assignment when he could go through other channels.

Please post threads where people didn't believe that the economy was going to take a downturn.
Those of us who have lived outside our parent's basement know that an economic downturn will occur periodically.

I'm mid 40's, and have seen a few.

No, we just make fun of Ron Paul and your other posts because of gems like this:

www.paulville.org

and this:

· Platinum Bullet Member
41,519 Posts
I always thought military personnel took an oath to the office of the Commander in Chief. Perhaps those members here who have actually taken that oath might be able to chime in.

You say the military is not out to get anyone? The nature of your posts and threads seem to indicate otherwise. What are you afraid of then? Or perhaps you could better explain the title of this thread?

BTW, saying bad economic times are coming is like saying it's going to rain sometime.

· Registered
3,940 Posts
Harper,
Don't worry, here's an old "ignore list" of MamasBoy.
Soon, he'll be back in good form and calling you a "douchebag, just like old times.

BBQ SAM
This message is hidden because BBQ SAM is on your ignore list.

Dave D.
This message is hidden because Dave D. is on your ignore list.

hairball II
This message is hidden because hairball II is on your ignore list.

Amtraker
This message is hidden because Amtraker is on your ignore list.

hairball II

· Platinum Bullet Member
41,519 Posts
Is Paulville kinda like Jonestown?

Anytime I hear about "separatists" type people I it just makes me laugh. Utopia is impossible.

· Registered
3,937 Posts
Harper,
Don't worry, here's an old "ignore list" of MamasBoy.
Soon, he'll be back in good form and calling you a "douchebag, just like old times.

BBQ SAM
This message is hidden because BBQ SAM is on your ignore list.

Dave D.
This message is hidden because Dave D. is on your ignore list.

hairball II

Amtraker
This message is hidden because Amtraker is on your ignore list.

hairball II
The only people sad little speck puts on ignore are those that ask it questions it cannot answer. it also ignores those that will not let it escape with some of the more outlandish stupidities it utters. I pointed out hypocrisies, inconsistencies and other meandering of the speck. I treated it with the apporpriate scorn, but I never took to saying anything that was not the absolute truth about its pathetic character.

Instead of answering questions, it mouths the platitudes of other peopls. it has not thoughts or answers of its own. it does no critical thinking, just a never ending vomitting of platitudes and catch phrases.

Of coures, people like Eric nad others not on speck's ignore can always 'quote' our messages and put the words of the 'ignored' in its putrid little face.

· Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
101,779 Posts
Absolutely NOT. The oath i to uphold and defend the Constitution and bear true allegiance to the same. And to obey the LAWFUL (emphasis supplied) orders of the Commander in Chief and such other lawful superiors as may be issued. I repeat the oath is NOT to the President as Commander-in-Chief, only to obey lawful orders originating from him. Note the aprt about "lawful". The duty of obedience is limited to lawful orders.

· Registered
662 Posts
Don't know much about 'posse comitatus', but remember a night in May '67, coming back from Tijuana, Mexico with two other 'Jarheads' ..... all of us drunk as monkeys ..... we got into our rented piece of crap car and started back to Pendleton.
We were ran off the road by U.S. Border Patrol, ripped out of the car, searched (us and car) ...they called & handed us over to Calif HiWay Patrol, who had some fun giving us sobriety tests ... who then called and handed us over to the SP's (two fellow Leathernecks) who proceeded to whack us around some before depositing all three of us in the MCRD San Diego drunk tank.
Hell, we got abused by Feds, Locals & Military within a matter of a half an hour ???? :D
And we deserved it !!! :p

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
Welcome aboard HFA, you're not really on "Ignore" He'll check your responses without actually logging on, and his mouth will get the best of him and blurt something out. He does this so people will go "Oh MB, we can't be on Ignore. You are such a fountain of knowledge" Fountain of something ,but not knowledge.

· Copper Bullet member
10,117 Posts
Don't know much about 'posse comitatus', but remember a night in May '67, coming back from Tijuana, Mexico with two other 'Jarheads' ..... all of us drunk as monkeys ..... we got into our rented piece of crap car and started back to Pendleton.
We were ran off the road by U.S. Border Patrol, ripped out of the car, searched (us and car) ...they called & handed us over to Calif HiWay Patrol, who had some fun giving us sobriety tests ... who then called and handed us over to the SP's (two fellow Leathernecks) who proceeded to whack us around some before depositing all three of us in the MCRD San Diego drunk tank.
Hell, we got abused by Feds, Locals & Military within a matter of a half an hour ???? :D
And we deserved it !!! :p
LOL. It takes a real man to admit when he deserves it! Considering you're a Jarhead it probably took all three to even slow you down!

· Registered
7,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
And the Marines (insert other service) can deal with arrest resisting Marines in ways that the CHP would end up on the front page of the LA Times and SF Chronicle because public outcry would be too much...

Mauserboy - slow down there young fellow...except for those deployed overseas all the other soldiers, sailors, marines, airman, and coastguardsmen (and women) are stationed in the US...counting reserves and the guard - thats hundreds of thousands in uniform already...
250,000 troops deployed world wide.(as of 2005)

The rest of the military may be stationed here at home, but they are not here to be called up to do police actions. Certain units have been placed in certain areas to assist in "emergency situations". According to the P.C. act, they are not supposed to be used in such a manner unless certain preconditions are met.

· Registered
7,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
As it happens, i know quite a bit about Posse Comitatus. The described incident doesn't appear to a violation.
To you, nothing the government does is a violation.

Must have been a terrible lawyer.

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
To you, nothing the government does is a violation.

Must have been a terrible lawyer.
Let's see: Clyde: Successful Army Officer, successful lawyer; MB: No degree, lives at home. Who would I vote for?

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts

The rest of the military may be stationed here at home, but they are not here to be called up to do police actions. Certain units have been placed in certain areas to assist in "emergency situations". According to the P.C. act, they are not supposed to be used in such a manner unless certain preconditions are met.
Wow, quoing three year old information. No wonder your degree is going nowhere.

You wouldn't know the wide-ranging roles of the military if it was stapled to your forehead.

· Registered
1,252 Posts
Get with the times MauserBoy...

It is December, 2008 - in less then a month your data will be approximately 4 years old...

Not only is your data outdated but your logic and specious arguments are flawed.

Instead of whining about what the government is doing to you why not become an active member of government and help to effect change and to actively protect the rights of others.

21 - 40 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.