Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
7,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eagerly awaiting the defense of the actions of our government from the usual suspects. These ought to be good.

http://www.duiblog.com/2008/12/16/here-come-the-feds-contd-marines-at-dui-roadblocks/

The U.S. Marines have landed…and are apparently manning "sobriety checkpoints" in San Bernardino County in California. Yes, Marines. Yes, civilian DUI roadblocks.

From an official December 10th California Highway Patrol public relations release:

---

CHP to Conduct Sobriety/Driver’s License Checkpoint

The Morongo office of the California Highway Patrol (CHP) in conjunction with the San Bernardino Sheriff’s Department and the USMC military police will conduct a joint sobriety/driver license checkpoint on Friday, December 12, 2008, somewhere in the unincorporated/incorporated area of San Bernardino County.

---

As an American citizen, not to mention a former Marine, I find this troubling — particularly in view of the clear wording of the Posse Comitatus act of 1878, described in Wikipedia:

---

The Posse Comitatus Act is a United States federal law (18 U.S.C. § 1385) passed on June 16, 1878, after the end of Reconstruction. The Act prohibits most members of the federal uniformed services (the Army, Air Force and State national Guard forces (when such are called into federal service) from exercising nominally state law enforcement, police or peace officer powers that maintain "law and order" on non-federal property (states and their counties and municipal divisions) in the former Confederate states.

The statute generally prohibits federal military personnel and units of the National Guard under federal authority from acting in a law enforcement capacity within the United States, except where expressly authorized by the Constitution or Congress. The Coast Guard is exempt from the Act.

---

A follow-up call to a Marine Corps public affairs sergeant resulted in assurances that the Marines would be there "as observers". Hmmmm…..military observers. Isn’t that how it all starts?

·
Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
Don't worry little guy, they won't take your Playstation. Let's see, where do we start on your wrongs for this evening? Morongo Valley is near, oh yes, 29 Palms Marine Corps Base. The Marines present were there as, oh yes, "Observers". That means they didn't have the right of arrest, and were there to assist the police if they had problems with a Marine at the sobriety checkpoint. Kind of like when the Marine Corps had company grade officers riding along with the Oceanside, CA Police in the aftermath of the Rodney King Incident. Of course, you wouldn't remember that, as you were still pooping yellow.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I always find it amazing that Mouseboy, sitting on the sidelines, sees all of these so-called "violations of the law" that apparently escape the attention of everyone else who is actually involved...and then when you point that out to him, rather than concede that they might know something that he doesn't, he claims that it's a conspiracy.

If he actually knew as much about his study subjects as he thinks he knows about the adult world that the rest of us live in, he'd have a PhD by now and be employed as the Dean at Harvard. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Don't worry little guy, they won't take your Playstation. Let's see, where do we start on your wrongs for this evening? Morongo Valley is near, oh yes, 29 Palms Marine Corps Base. The Marines present were there as, oh yes, "Observers". That means they didn't have the right of arrest, and were there to assist the police if they had problems with a Marine at the sobriety checkpoint. Kind of like when the Marine Corps had company grade officers riding along with the Oceanside, CA Police in the aftermath of the Rodney King Incident. Of course, you wouldn't remember that, as you were still pooping yellow.
If you have ever been on the bad end of a bar fight in Oceanside, then you will know, if the Marines or Navy are involved, it will be SPs who answer, not the local cops. Unlike the civilian PD, SPs don't truck much brawlers, as my budy took a swing at one of the SPs, and got two broken collar bones for the effort.

Once again, sad little speck is not cognizant of the military aid for cilivian PDs when dealing with rowdy military personell. Has nothing to do with violating Posse Comitatus, and more to do with the military taking care of their porblem children so the civilian PDs don't have to get involved.

no conspiracy, just good public relations.

So, sad little speck, and ilk, still haven't found those offending passages in the Patriot Act where the Constitution was thrashed? For the nabobs like speck, benn and llama, it is easier to throw out catch-phrases than actually back up their silliness.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
MamasBoy,
After Googling this and having to sift through countless posts by the uninformed such as yourself, it seems that this is a procedure that's gone on for a long time.

Due to the high concentration of intoxicated Marines (imagine that) who travel the road, their MP's have augmented the CHP as backup for the Marines who resist arrest.

DOH!

Time to put your tinfoil hat back on and start packing for www.paulville.org

·
Platinum Bullet Member
41,519 Posts
Only came here to remind everybody this is why we should not respond to Mauserboy.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Only came here to remind everybody this is why we should not respond to Mauserboy.

Yeah, but nobody makes the monumental mistakes that he does.

MamasBoy,
A quick Google search showed that there are about 30,000 non-citizens in the US military.

I didn't take the time to find out how many of those are active service and have tactical training.

Let's see, the United States is 3.9 million square miles.

3.9 million divided by 30,000.

That's one soldier per 130 square miles.

Pvt. Gonzalez will probably rather get his citizenship through other channels before doing that.

Then again, MamasBoy probably has UFO's from Area 51 in his plans somewhere...

·
Registered
7,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey mouserkid, remember Janet Reno and WACO? Want to tell me those armed helicopters and tanks were owned by the local PD?
Gee, refresh my menory, WHO was the president back then?
John, shame on you. You know better.

George W. Bush and Bill Clinton come from the same pile of crap.

Ever notice my rants are against governments and not specific administrations?

·
Registered
7,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MamasBoy,
After Googling this and having to sift through countless posts by the uninformed such as yourself, it seems that this is a procedure that's gone on for a long time.

Due to the high concentration of intoxicated Marines (imagine that) who travel the road, their MP's have augmented the CHP as backup for the Marines who resist arrest.

DOH!

Time to put your tinfoil hat back on and start packing for www.paulville.org
Yea sure, that's it.

And I guess that's why 20,000 trroops are planned to be stationed in the US to aid for "emergencies"?

Are you people really that complacent towards government? I bet when Obama gets in office and does these things, you will all be angered and outraged by what is going on.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Ever notice my rants are against governments and not specific administrations?

I think we've all noticed that you've made a cottage industry our of cursing people who do the work that you don't/won't do.

So tell us--preferably without calling anyone a nasty name just this one time--what have YOU ever done for this country? What tangible service have you provided that equals the contributions of the people that you're always on here screaming about?

The reason that most of us get down on you or ignore you is that you come across as the guy who shows up at the pot-luck dinner with no dish to pass--just a single fork and a plate for yourself. And then after eating your fill of the food that others provided, you turn and criticize the fare.

·
Registered
7,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think we've all noticed that you've made a cottage industry our of cursing people who do the work that you don't/won't do.

So tell us--preferably without calling anyone a nasty name just this one time--what have YOU ever done for this country? What tangible service have you provided that equals the contributions of the people that you're always on here screaming about?
You know, you seem not be able to get off your high horse and actually stick to the topic. How about responding how this makes you feel, knowing that soon, military personnel will probably be manning checkpoints in your town? Start there and see if you can actually stay on topic, rather than bringing up that tired, FLOGGED TO DEATH, counter of "HURR DURR, HAVE YOU SERVED? DURRR HURR"

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Yea sure, that's it.

And I guess that's why 20,000 trroops are planned to be stationed in the US to aid for "emergencies"?

Are you people really that complacent towards government? I bet when Obama gets in office and does these things, you will all be angered and outraged by what is going on.
MamasBoy,
We have 8400 national Guard troops in Oklahoma alone, which is more than what Obama would allot to us of the 20,000 you just mentioned.
They could have been federalized at any time.

One of the biggest complaints since we started sending troops overseas after 9/11 is that we are spread thin on trops for emergencies.

Katrina, other hurricanes, floods, fires, etc., in which National Guard troops are used.
Perhaps we will have domestic terrorism take place again and need the troops here.

The problem you're having, MamasBoy, is that somewhere you started noticing the military doing things it's been doing here for over 200 years, and you're thinking it's just taken place since you hit puberty.

Maybe you have the latest COD video game that takes place in the US, and you're applying it to real life, I don't know.

Anyway, they're not coming back here to take your daddy's Saiga away or your Steyr pistol before you shoot your foot off.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
And the Marines (insert other service) can deal with arrest resisting Marines in ways that the CHP would end up on the front page of the LA Times and SF Chronicle because public outcry would be too much...

Mauserboy - slow down there young fellow...except for those deployed overseas all the other soldiers, sailors, marines, airman, and coastguardsmen (and women) are stationed in the US...counting reserves and the guard - thats hundreds of thousands in uniform already...

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
And the Marines (insert other service) can deal with arrest resisting Marines in ways that the CHP would end up on the front page of the LA Times and SF Chronicle because public outcry would be too much...

Mauserboy - slow down there young fellow...except for those deployed overseas all the other soldiers, sailors, marines, airman, and coastguardsmen (and women) are stationed in the US...counting reserves and the guard - thats hundreds of thousands in uniform already...
Way to go, now we'll be hearing about hundreds of thousands of gun grabbing servicemen and women. :)

MamasBoy will NEVER come up out of the basement now.

MamasBoy just thought there was a sign on the front of the Department of Defense that said "Gone to war, will be back at 3:00."

·
Platinum Bullet Member
41,519 Posts
I can't help but get the impression that Mauserboy thinks that the every individual in the military is out to get him. Under orders of the big government/corporations military industrial complex establishment.

Can we get any MORE vague?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I can't help but get the impression that Mauserboy thinks that the every individual in the military is out to get him. Under orders of the big government/corporations military industrial complex establishment.

mb is one of the people on here that fears/hates/mistrust the government at every step. he still clings to the shaved calf of ru paul. tugging lightly at his pantyhose while looking up with a tear in his eye. wait, that may not be a tear...........

·
Registered
3,940 Posts

Later on, look for MamasBoy to just start using the word "they."

If he wasn't vague, he'd have to actually start producing evidence.

·
Registered
7,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)

The military is not out to get anyone. One of the few hopes I have is that our men and women in uniform understand and take to heart their oath about upholding and defending the Constitution and to protect it from ALL enemies, foreign and domestic.

I take pride in knowing we are one of the few, the very few nations where the military swears an allegiance to the document that structures the nation and not to the nation's leaders.

However I am aware of the many people, especially non-citizen military personnel, who are willing to do anything for their citizenship. Let us not forget the line most spoken at Nuremberg, "I was just following orders."

To those who sling around the expression "tin-foil hat". 9 Months ago, my side of the argument was wearing this hat when we said the economy was going to take a severe turn for the worse. Look where we are now. You all scoffed and laughed at the warnings of people like Dr. Paul, Peter Schiff and the Austrian school of economics. Current events would suggest that the ones wearing anything would be the nay-sayers that are wearing blindfolds.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.