Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I have some questions on my CG 1919 - 478622

I have disassembled it and find that all components are matching and original.
There are no numbers on the cleaning rod (that figures :rolleyes: )

1. I have some numbers on the reciever that I do not recognize. Are they significant or just inspections marks during the manufacturing process?

2. What is the exact name of this importer - C.A.I. ST.ALB. VT.

3. Would someone please guess at the type of wood that this stock is made from? Beech?

4. The stock disc has a funny number, what looks like a number 1, stamped or etched. Maybe an electronic pencil? Any guesses what it means?

Attachments

·
Platinum Bullet Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any suggestions on cleaning up my rear site?

Just rub it down with oil, and leave it alone?

Or....

Replace it with one of Dutchman's LER scope mounts. :crossfingers: (then clean - oil - bag - and - tag the original)

Attachments

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
9,691 Posts
Your bore disc has some dings not related to anything done at the arsenal .

Receiver markings are unknown . Probably assembly or inspection marks . The number on the side of the receiver is not common , but I have a few like it , but different numbers .

·
Platinum Bullet Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you gentleman.

I appreciate your input. You two really contribute immensely to this forum. I think I can attribute 70% of what I know of the M96 from you guys.

Bore disc: Yes, they are dings - or something? Here is a different picture of the "6.52" area. Scratch or? Looks like a 1 or a straight line mark.

It is a nice example of an original M96. A good first purchase. Thanks again for your advise Dutchman. :thumbsup:

Ola Nilsson

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.