Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello/Privet to everyone!

I just found this place and its great. 15 years ago I immigrated with my family to Houston, TX from the former Soviet Union and what can I say, I love the second amendment.

My collection includes 91/30 mosin with an aftermarket scope that always gets loose after shooting, a makarov i use for concealed carry, S&W .357 magnum revolver model 19-4 to scare my friends, and half a year ago purchased Romanian WASR with folding stock. But still haven't shot it cause of school but will go during winter break!

Very cool forum!

·
Platinum Bullet Member
603 Posts
Добро пожаловать на форум ;) !
It's a good place to get information about Russian (and any other type) of weapons.
However, there is one side effect. You will start spending a lot more money on new toys:D.
Which type of Mosin sniper rifle do you have?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
actually, i just got a regular 1891/30 dated 1943. can't afford the sniper :(. I replaced the rear sight with an aftermarket rail and attached a 50 dollar scope to it :) works pretty good. just added some stuff called locktight, hopefully that will keep it in place. bad idea or good idea?

ps: please ignore the yellow person she was just posing with it lol

·
Platinum Bullet Member
603 Posts
The good thing is that you did not do any permanent modifications to your rifle (I screwed up my first MN beyond recognition :eek:, BTW 1943 as well).
Locktight might work.
P.S.: Cute yellow people posing with MN rifles are hard to ignore :)

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Welcome to the Boards and, belatedly, the USA. I hope your enjoy our idiocy at the expense of our addictions to your Homeland's rifles and pistols.

I agree with cute yellow people being a good addition. If more of our cute yellow people liked our hobby, we might not have to sneak our new purchases into the house while they were out! haha! ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome to the Boards and, belatedly, the USA. I hope your enjoy our idiocy at the expense of our addictions to your Homeland's rifles and pistols.

I agree with cute yellow people being a good addition. If more of our cute yellow people liked our hobby, we might not have to sneak our new purchases into the house while they were out! haha! ;)
haha I know what you mean! Fortunately for me, this is just a friend and I don't yet have someone restricting my purchases other than my bank account! This picture was taken one night when my friends and I decided to wear our IDF shirts to a party. Got a couple more pictures if you are intersted ;)

I was very happy that many Americans like Soviet weapons until a few weeks ago when I went to my local Academy and they said they were out of 7.62 x 39 :( AAAh!

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I must be one of the truly lucky ones. My part-time boss (at the gunshop) has not "run-out" of ANY milsurp ammo since back in the mid-80's. In fact, he bought us 14 spam cans of 54r light ball, just last week. 7.62x39? We actually still have cases of PMC and Norinco from that era, as well. He keeps me fairly stocked on that and 5.45, 8mm, just about anything that I could want. He actually has cases of 7.62x45, I think it is. For that ONE rifle made in the closing days of WW2. I forget what rifle it was, actually.

·
Registered
895 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
42,119 Posts
The good thing is that you did not do any permanent modifications to your rifle (I screwed up my first MN beyond recognition :eek:, BTW 1943 as well).
Locktight might work.
P.S.: Cute yellow people posing with MN rifles are hard to ignore :)
Green loctite only! Red loctite will need heat to get loose. You don't want to have to put your reciever to a torch if you ever want to remove those screws!

·
Platinum Bullet Member
42,119 Posts
haha I know what you mean! Fortunately for me, this is just a friend and I don't yet have someone restricting my purchases other than my bank account! This picture was taken one night when my friends and I decided to wear our IDF shirts to a party. Got a couple more pictures if you are intersted ;)

I was very happy that many Americans like Soviet weapons until a few weeks ago when I went to my local Academy and they said they were out of 7.62 x 39 :( AAAh!
Americans LOVE Soviet weapons. Since them Soviets made so many of them, they are the only ones we can afford anymore!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts