Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if most of these that turn up are matching. I picked one up site unseen from an auction....price was decent. When it showed up I noticed the bolt didn't match, just curious how common that is for these. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
This one matches and shoots great out to 50 yards. Have not tried longer distances yet, as it only comes out when the Big Princess goes to the Range. It's her "Mosin", as she does not like the other real Mosins.

(The huge scope I mounted with Crazy Glue really makes it accurate.)

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
6,263 Posts
Last few batches in country were anything BUT mint. I think pics were posted when MGS got some in, perhaps AIM also.

I've owned/own 5, I think one had a mismatched buttplate. 3 of the 5 had the same neat little repair at the nosecap. Must've been a stress point some how.

I didn't even know the "tray" was numbered. Where at?

SlimTim

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
THanks for the responses guys. This one definitely isn't minty....I'd say VG, but definitely some wear and it needs a good cleaning. The buttplate matches and I haven't taken the tray out yet. Took me a while to find the import mark, but it looks like MA. CO Ridgefield, NJ....anyone know anything about this particular import lot? (i.e when, overall condition of lot, etc...)

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
6,263 Posts
Took me a while to find the import mark, but it looks like MA. CO Ridgefield, NJ....anyone know anything about this particular import lot? (i.e when, overall condition of lot, etc...)
Wanna bet it's not MA but NA? Navy Arms was in Ridgefield I think, Val Forgett's outfit?

SlimTim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts