Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Been a while since I posted anything... Anyway, I have the opportunity to purchase this PP but really am not sure what to offer. According to the serial number the manufacture date is somewhere between '40-'45. The waffenamts are pretty clear and I believe everything to be genuine. Not too sure how common faking is among PPs but according to the seller, he acquired it directly from the vet. As you can see, the blueing is well worn - especially around the handle. At least it has what appears to be an original holster and magazine. Any information and opinions are welcome! Thanks in advance.

Kurz

Attachments

·
Registered
445 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay... Good to hear 500 isn't crazy. I'll probably pick it up this weekend. I don't know PPs that well but I believe the Nitro proofs and 359 waffenamts are correct. I think they started nitro proofing them in 1940?

·
Banned
10,843 Posts
Okay... Good to hear 500 isn't crazy. I'll probably pick it up this weekend. I don't know PPs that well but I believe the Nitro proofs and 359 waffenamts are correct. I think they started nitro proofing them in 1940?
They started Nitro proofing in 1891. The NAZI Eagle N is Nitro proof that was used from either 1939 or 1941 to 1945.

·
Silver Bullet member
2,327 Posts
If it's army marked yes it's worth around $500-$600 but if all it has is Commercial Eagle over N. I wouldn't pay more than $400 for it. Commecrial tend to go for less than a army marked version. Holster are selling on ebay for around $75 each. Just bought one.

·
Silver Bullet member
2,327 Posts
Ok just noticed it is WaA 359. Is it all matching? I see the slide and frame match. What about the barrel?

·
Registered
859 Posts
I think $500 is fair w/the holster. Looks like an AKAH mfg holster, but perhaps not,,just going by what I can see of the partial stamping.
Other than the makers marking on the holster, are there any German Military markings on the leather?,,,waffenampt, eagle/swastika, etc. That would extend the value of the leather a bit. But it's at least a $75 to $100 holster as is depending on where you see them.

The pistol was a fair amount of wear but looks to be just honest use. We all like to see pristine examples but afterall, it was in a war,,and you pay dearly for condition.
Numbers match frame & slide. I don't believe the barrels were ser#'d as they were a factory assembled (semi) permanent unit to the frame. That's my recollection anyway,,might be wrong as always.

WaA359 is correct for a PP or a PPK
Magazine looks correct with just the banner. Some also had the caliber marking under the banner on the left side. Very late mags had just a 'W' marking. All on the left side.

I'd probably buy it for that price.
They're asking around $400 for the post war Mod PP 32acp police turn in pistols that were imported a few years back. Granted most of those were/are in better shape finish wise but will never claim any history like this one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.