Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads up. I'm sure most of you have already heard by now but I thought I'd make a post since I didn't see one in here.

I just happened to be checking AIM's site, I was thinking about buying a CZ-52, when I happened upon this:

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/WWII_Star_B_9mm_Pistol.html

I did some quick research online and decided it was a good buy. I'll only been into mil-surps for about 6 months but in that time I haven't seen these for sale anywhere else. I figure $299 isn't bad for a 1911-style 9mm, especially a C&R eligible one from the WWII-era. :D I'll have to pick up that CZ-52 some other time.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
58,457 Posts
Just for reference, there are not part of the German contract that was delivered to the Germans.

Yet, a good shooter.

·
58,457 Posts
Overpriced as to past sales, but if Aim is able to sell them, Aim's price will become the new benchmark.

·
23,298 Posts
These are Bulgarian contract pistols from the WWII era that reportedly were refinished by the Russians. Since no direct imports can come out of Russia, it is questionable as to where the true source of these guns now days, but leave it well enough alone that they were part of the delivery contract made by Star to the Army arsenal in Sophia, Bulgaria around 1943/1944, and refinished after the war. The first lot that hit the market 8 or 10 years ago were selling at $149. About 4 years ago another batch came in, and they were selling at $199. In 4 years, the price has jumped to $299, but as has been stated, if this flies on the market, then $299 will be a new value benchmark.

·
Banned
10,845 Posts
Overpriced as to past sales, but if Aim is able to sell them, Aim's price will become the new benchmark.
That is not entirely correct.

If they sell well, then the price becomes a benchmark of sorts.

But.

If they do not sell quickly, then AIM will lower the price.

It will be interesting to see what will happen. Obviously being relics of WWII makes them interesting to some people who would otherwise ignore them, but are they interesting enough to spend 299 dollars?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
63 Posts
I agree the price is a bit high but the US dollar is not worth what it use to be over seas now.

·
Copper Bullet member
5,395 Posts
I bought one from the first batch imported and it was a good gun but I let a fellow reenactor talk me out of it in a trade. I don't think I will be buying another.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Look at the Nagant. It doubled in price when it first came back on the market. :) The Star B is a nice pistol. I got one the last time they were around and $179 was a heck of a deal. How often are prices as good as they used to be.

·
Silver Bullet member
28,325 Posts
A friend of mine was shooitng one when the extractor broke in half at the pin (Bulgarian contract model BTW).

Are these WaffenAmt marked? I recall reading something about the markings being forged on some of these

·
58,457 Posts
They should not have any WaA markings. If so, then they were added sometime after WWII

·
23,298 Posts
An enterprising dealer in Germany who is well known for forgeries of holsters and other items, secured a batch of these Bulgarian pistols about 10 years ago, and applied the waffenamt marks in order to double his profit per gun.

·
58,457 Posts
and was successful in his quest.

I have seen one bad scene when the seller was told that his pistol had been added to. Shall we say that the seller was unhappy and accusations of fraud etc were made against the person the seller was offering the pistol to.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Maybe P-38 instead

Just a heads up. I'm sure most of you have already heard by now but I thought I'd make a post since I didn't see one in here.

I just happened to be checking AIM's site, I was thinking about buying a CZ-52, when I happened upon this:

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/WWII_Star_B_9mm_Pistol.html

I did some quick research online and decided it was a good buy. I'll only been into mil-surps for about 6 months but in that time I haven't seen these for sale anywhere else. I figure $299 isn't bad for a 1911-style 9mm, especially a C&R eligible one from the WWII-era. :D I'll have to pick up that CZ-52 some other time.

Everyones different, but for my money I'd rather add about $150 to that $300 and get a real steel framed Nazi era P-38. I agree with others about the price being too high, and I also would bet that there is a boatload of these still unsold. As scarcity becomes an issue, I can understand some price increases, but I don't believe that is the case here.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I have one and love it already but to have "2" sounds even better but at $299 I may get another CZ82 there a sweet shooter too at $209 then i'll have 3 CZ82's.:rolleyes:

Then i think its only paper(money) anyhoo, i'm not rich on social security, i'm just getting by and breaking even with a little mad $$ left over. But in the past we watched the prices climbing on everything. Just look at the $79 swiss k31's and what there up too right now? We must remember were making an investment too. Plus i'm having a blast shooting them.;)

We only pass this way once thats it:eek:

·
58,457 Posts
Today at NGD, I saw some WWII Hi-Powers. Prices were $200 to $500 dollars higher than last year. Sticker shock for me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts