Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that Sarco has WWII leather handled M4 bayonets with the original M8A1 scabbards available for the M1 Carbines. They're $125 for the bayonet & scabbard.
Does anyone have any feedback on these? Are they original WWII dated items in decent condition? And is $125 a decent price? I don't see them advertised anywhere else for being WWII era originals. Alot of new made reproduction ones are available though.
Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I have seen the total of one M1 Carbine with a bayonet lug out of 1000s of original WW2 photos I have seen.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
At that price they'd BETTER be original WWII production.

A lot of original bayonets and carbines have come home in the last 10 years or so.
The carbines have come from Germany, Israel, Korea, Holland and others.
The bayonets are also coming in, so it's likely these were USGI M4's that have been in foreign service.

The condition would be my concern.
You can check the makers name against original USGI makers to determine if these are WWII American.

·
Registered
152 Posts
" see that Sarco has WWII leather handled M4 bayonets with the original M8A1 scabbards available for the M1 Carbines. They're $125 for the bayonet & scabbard.
Does anyone have any feedback on these? Are they original WWII dated items in decent condition? And is $125 a decent price? I don't see them advertised anywhere else for being WWII era originals. Alot of new made reproduction ones are available though.
Thanks for any input."

The M4 bayonets are OG, but the M8A1 scabbards are mix match of scabbards that they pull from M6, M7, & M8 bayonets. Anyway, I think the correct scabbard is a M8 not M8A1.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts