Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked these up a couple months ago, unfortunately I have no idea what they say. The big booklet might be a child's book as I see some crayon markings in it, but it has some military photos in it. I took a picture of what I believe is the cover page, but am not sure if its missing it or not. I took several pictures of pages to get some one an idea of what the book might be.

The smaller booklet has a red circular stamp on the cover, which looks like a stamping I have on one of my meatball flags. It appears to have a military tactical formation fold out page in it.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,720 Posts
A couple of these have been posted before, IIRC they are soldiers field manuals or training aids. At least one of your pages shows fields of fire or manuver, another how to "lash" poles. So it is kind of a Boy Scout Manual for Japanese soldiers!

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A couple of these have been posted before, IIRC they are soldiers field manuals or training aids. At least one of your pages shows fields of fire or manuver, another how to "lash" poles. So it is kind of a Boy Scout Manual for Japanese soldiers!

Very interesting,

The big booklet has some other photo images that look like they would be suited for a kid.

The small booklet has the field of fire stuff in it.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First booklet is a school textbook, sort of like a social studies textbook of the day.
Second one is a military manual for abandoning ship training.
Many thanks Edokko for the translation. I have 2 more questions, for the small " abandon Ship " booklet, would be it issued to IJN personnel?

For the large booklet, the 5th photo down shows a figure like a " Buddha " beside a tree, does the text for those two pages mention Buddhism in any way?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm still learning the language. The Buddah or jizo is only mentioned as a description of the location of the short story, near which is a row of little stores and something about an old lady cigarette vendor whose only son has left for the south seas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.