Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I watched this auction and even thought about bidding (ebay# 200475890299). A great looking naval helmet, cover, and net that sold for $2,026.00? Was something wrong with it or did the bidder just get really lucky? I would love to have one at that kind of price. Seems really strange how some very comon items are going for pretty big money. Two front pouches that has seen better days went for $450. Just can't get a handle on it.

Bryan

·
Registered
628 Posts
I watched this auction and even thought about bidding (ebay# 200475890299). A great looking naval helmet, cover, and net that sold for $2,026.00? Was something wrong with it or did the bidder just get really lucky? I would love to have one at that kind of price. Seems really strange how some very comon items are going for pretty big money. Two front pouches that has seen better days went for $450. Just can't get a handle on it.

Bryan
Collector Re-applied woven insignia. Stitching is all wrong. In the close up pic of the insignia look right above it. You can see where the old one sat. There was also a hole behind it on the inside. Helmet does not match the cover. Net looks weird. No provenance to Tarawa as stated in auction. This seller is famous for all of the above and has ripped many a person. Some of his items are good honest examples but others are played with, put together, or out right bad. Almost all are misrepresented to some degree. He will probably threaten to sue me over this or at a minimum send me a fiery tirade lol.
Scott

·
Registered
198 Posts
A lot of these Japanese items are going the way of Third Reich items in regards to fakes and the such. It's not as prevalent in the Japanese circles but we also have very few English language references books to study from...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Scott - this disclaimer gives you nothing to worry about "I'm a member of OMSA (Orders and Medals Society of America) and guarantee that all my items are 100% authentic. I have been a seller on eBay since 1998. Please check my feedback to see my customer satisfaction."

·
Registered
628 Posts
Scott - this disclaimer gives you nothing to worry about "I'm a member of OMSA (Orders and Medals Society of America) and guarantee that all my items are 100% authentic. I have been a seller on eBay since 1998. Please check my feedback to see my customer satisfaction."
Yea lol, we know better don't we. You would think I would have learned my lesson the first time. Oh no, I was lured back for a second helping of that wonderful customer service. I wish I would have kept some of his e-mails to me. It was like hitler addressing a rally.
Scott

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.