Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
In the 30's and 40's the roads and towns were not as well lit as today. and the inhabitants were often immersed in total darkness.the most common type of flashlights[ Lampen ] were the models Daimon,Pertrix also civilan pocket torches were very popular with the troops.hundreds of types of models were manufactured and used during the 30's and 40's and used by the Wehrmacht. If it's stamped Made in Germany,most likey it's going to be a post war torch.post a photo.
Jeff

·
Registered
968 Posts
I've shown this several times before, but when I bought this Daimon on Fleabay a few years ago, I saw it came WITH a ( no-longer-working ) battery, marked Centra - Posen. Posen ( now in Poland ) is the German name for modern Poznan, meaning the battery had to have been made prior to 1945 when it reverted to the Polish version of the name. If you're lucky you might get some kind of indication like this of the vintage.

·
Registered
338 Posts
James
The most common flachbatteries was a Army issue 4.5 volt prismatic type made by VDE. I was checking around in my book Deutsches Soldaten,under the lampen section, and i'm pretty sure your torch looks like it"s from ww2,but it's might be missing the bottom strap? i can't tell from the photo.
Jeff

·
Registered
968 Posts
James
The most common flachbatteries was a Army issue 4.5 volt prismatic type made by VDE. I was checking around in my book Deutsches Soldaten,under the lampen section, and i'm pretty sure your torch looks like it"s from ww2,but it's might be missing the bottom strap? i can't tell from the photo.
Jeff
Jeff,

It's definitely "missing the bottom strap", and the attachment for it as well; but as you can see, there are holes in the body showing where they once were. No idea why or when this happened, but it was like this when I bought it. Here are some additional photos of the battery too, showing some of its markings.

·
Registered
338 Posts
The straps were used to attach to a front tunic,or pocket button, i've even seen one photo of soldaten attaching his torch to his shoulderboard buttons.Anyway you got a cool flashlight!
Jeff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.