Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You can find WWII German 9mm, single & boxes very easy.

I have been searching for some WWII German 7.65mm, but never see any. The Germans used a lot of 7.65mm pistols, same with their 9mm pistols. You would think there would be some 7.65mm floating around. Any thoughts on this.

I have almost completed matching up my 9mm pistols with the correct ammo, but it looks like it is going to be very hard for the 7.65mm pistols.

Don

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
i have never seen german 32 auto in the 20 years i have been looking nor any 380 0r 22lr..always 9mm and 8mm...see picture i scored this of ebay a few years ago as deactivated 9mm,,hmmm still sealed shows you can buy anything sometimes

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,361 Posts
there is was some german 1940 dated box of .22lr on 1 of the auction sites who I dont know if it was military production or not

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
32 ACP German

There has been very little importation of German pistol ammo since 1968 when the G.C.A. passed. This law banned the import of steel cored pistol ammo. Before that there was a lot of surplus German 9mm and 7.65. on the market. Now you have to find someone who is selling off their stuff.

·
Gold Bullet member
906 Posts
Boxed German made WWII dated 22lr isn't common, 7.65, & 9mmK (380) are scarce. Even single rounds of 7.65 and 9mmK are hard to find. If you find a box, grab it.
Mr44, nice box of German occupation Belgian 9mmK. want to sell it :)

David Franchi

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
not right now it is part of my computer desk/hutch ornimentation of all the goodys i snag on line i have never seen another in 30years collecting..perfect for that FN1922 german marked rig..

·
Gold Bullet member
906 Posts
1EYE, 7.63 is fairly common in commercial boxes (Steyr, R.W.S. etc.). If you find any dated 1940-45 by it, or if you find any with rounds with lacquered steel cases (like DWM)

George_F, A box of regular 9mm (in Calif) sells for $8.00 to $15.00 a box. Harder to find headstamps or overstamped labels would be more also m.E. bullets usually sell for more.

Keep an eye open for any pre-1945 Italian 7.65 and 380. boxes, are also hard to find.
David Franchi

1 - 10 of 10 Posts