Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I appologize in advance to all moderators if this is the wrong forum to post - but I think this is the best forum to ask. As some know I've been liquidating ammo inherited by a family member that has recently passed that I can't use (I'm soon to list a really nice 1940 "660" RC on the trader) and I'm not sure what to ask for this varied lot of 230 rounds of 8mm Mauser ammo. 95% of it is stamped "Z-1937-1" with the rest being stamp '36, '45', and a few Turk 54s.

I'm just wondering if someone can guide me as to what is a fair price to ask for 230 rounds of this varied 8mm ammo. It's been properly stored and I've shot a bunch of it through my russian capture k98 and I've had no misfires so the ammo is good.

Thanks as always.

·
Registered
12,280 Posts
I don't really know why you would be wanting to get rid of 230 rounds (which is actually a pretty nominal amount) of that stuff if you have a RC to shoot it through.

There might be a little collector value in the prewar and wartime stuff, but personally I would consider it to be shooting ammo. Surplus 8mm has all but totally deied up and you are going to find that stuff to be VERY hard to replace (and more expensive when you do) in a couple years' time.

I heard somewhere else on these boards that the recent return on investment for surplus 8mm ammunition has beaten (and will continue to beat) the stock market, gold, AND silver.

At the last gun show I attended, I was able to buy several boxes of mid-1950's brass-cased Czech 8mm ON STRIPPERS for about 33 cents a round ($5.00 for a 15 round box).

The show before that, I bought a spam can (380 rounds) of steel-cased 1970's Romanian 8mm for about 25 cents a round ($95) and a 'bucketful' (Literally. It was in a plastic bucket and totalled about 525 rounds) of somewhat rough-looking but so far totally reliable, 1949-51 brass-cased Czech 8mm for a total of $60 (a bit under 12 cents a round).

IMHO, you might be able to currently get somewhere around $60 for your ammunition.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help...I have been shooting it through my RC but have just picked up a matching K98 to take it's place in my collection. So I'm selling the RC and the ammo since I'm not going to be shooting the matching k98. Again, I appreciate your help.

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
i bought a 'battle pack' for like 200 ish? if its good ammo put it on trader. id guess if you put best offer you could get more than post war stuff. if its real german ammo that is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts