Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Field Editor ~ GUNS Magazine, Co-Author ~ Serbian Army Weapons of Victory &PH - Kudu Safaris
11,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Gents,

It’s been a while since I have had the opportunity to post much here on Gunboards due to scheduling conflicts and that sinking feeling regarding how much was lost due to the last crash and move.

However, as of late I have had a wee bit of a break at which point I started to rebuild the master thread with all of my mannequin uniform and equipment displays on the WWI Forum. All of the original photos are present along with a variety of new displays as well. I have locked the thread for the sake of presentational integrity, but have included a separate “stickied” thread for questions, comments, observations and corrections where our fellow collectors can expand our common knowledge regarding each display.

As time goes by, I will gradually add all of the appropriate detail with each display that identifies each piece of kit and uniform items. I’ll start in on the weapons in the next day or two.

In the interim, here is a link to the thread in the event that any of you would like to reacquaint yourselves with the original thread or as a new experience for those who have never visited the WWI Forum.

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthr...nequin-Uniform-Displays&p=1287526#post1287526

Additional displays are in the works and some of the older displays have been updated to the extent that new photos are required.
As it stands right now, there are 34 different displays covered in the thread.

For those of you who take the time to scan the thread……..ENJOY!!!

Warmest regards,

JPS

·
Gold Bullet Member
2,191 Posts
Hey JPS! Long time, buddy. I really enjoy your posts, and have missed seeing them as of late. I hope that all is well with you and your hard metals endeavors. Regards, Gosha

PS. I am looking at your uniform thread. I am really happy you are reposting. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
Field Editor ~ GUNS Magazine, Co-Author ~ Serbian Army Weapons of Victory &PH - Kudu Safaris
11,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Gosha,

Yes my friend, it has been a while! Thank you for taking the time to comment. Losing everything during the last two crashes and server changes combined with an extremely busy schedule this past year slowed my collecting activity and posting down to a crawl.

However, I have had some time as of late and have a lot more photos that any of the previous threads contained, plus the additional displays that weren't complete the last time the master thread was posted. BC reconstructed the thread last time from previous posts, a thankless job for which he will always have my gratitude!

I'll gradually be adding photos of additional displays as well as detailed information covering the items in each display as time permits. This time I have all of the photos sized and saved properly for re-posting and I will save the text in a master file as well. Guess we do eventually learn from our mistakes???

Next will be master threads of the helmet and bayonet collections!

Thanks again for your kinds words of encouragement!

Warmest regards,

JPS

Attachments

·
Diamond Member
1,003 Posts
Thanks JPS for assembling and sharing this wonderful collection!
P.S. Still eagerly waiting for that magnum sized coffe table book on WWI uniforms you a l m o s t promised would one day happen.... ;)

·
Registered
715 Posts
WOW! That is an awesome display! Where did you find all that field gear?

·
Super Moderator
11,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello Bokmal & Kingleo,

Thank you for taking the time to check out the new master thread as well as to comment. The thread has drawn quite a few visitors in a short period of time. Since I completed posting all of the photos I have moved on to bayonets and have the core of two threads started, one on Austro-Hungarian
ersatz bayonets and the other on German bayonets, both regulation patterns as well as ersatz. While we are at it, here are the links for those new threads.

http://http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?166836-Austro-Hungarian-Ersatz-Bayonets

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?166857-German-WWI-issue-Bayonets

I hope you find these threads as interesting as the uniform and equipment displays! I have added a few preview photos from these threads below. I will be including a thread on Allied bayonets as well, which of course will include Russian bayonets. There aren't as many different models among the Entente, so all of the Allies can be covered in a single thread.

Regarding the coffee table book, we actually started a project, but have had to put it on hold pending the development of several new consulting projects to keep the Family fed! Several options look very promising in which case that project might be moved off of the back burner. I should know pretty soon.

Warmest regards,

JPS

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.