Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Moderator / Silver Bullet member
7,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today on this day in 1914, the start of The Great War took place ... 99 years ago.
I celebrated today at my shooting clubs Annual 'Guns of August 1914 - 1918' shooting match by dressing in my WWI Imperial Russian Uniform

1914 Imperial Russian soldier with a Tрёхлинейная Bинтовка Oбразца 1891 Года

1916 Imperial Russian soldier with a Tрёхлинейная Bинтовка Oбразца 1891 Года

Left Side of 1916 Imperial Russian soldier with a Tрёхлинейная Bинтовка Oбразца 1891 Года

Right Side of 1916 Imperial Russian soldier with a Tрёхлинейная Bинтовка Oбразца 1891 Года

Rear Side of 1916 Imperial Russian soldier with a Tрёхлинейная Bинтовка Oбразца 1891 Года

1916 Imperial Russian soldier with a Tрёхлинейная Bинтовка Oбразца 1891 Года and Imperial Russian Adrian helmet

1916 Imperial Russian soldier with a Bинтовка Bинчестер Oбразца 1915 Года and Imperial Russian Adrian helmet

1916 Imperial Russian soldier shooting his Bинтовка Bинчестер Oбразца 1915 Года and Imperial Russian Adrian helmet

1916 Imperial Russian soldier with a Bинтовка Арисака Oбразца 1905 Года (Тип 38)

1916 Imperial Russian soldier shooting his Bинтовка Арисака Oбразца 1905 Года (Тип 38) with Imperial Russian Adrian helmet

full details of the shoot is here ... http://forums.gunboards.com/showthr...-Shooting-Match-Results&p=2663508#post2663508

·
Registered
17,641 Posts
Wow simply amazing Lebel- Like living history right there. Your "look" is definitely that of your average WW1 soldier. Rocking with that stache/goatee! thanks for sharing.

My brothers got one..Russian contract winchester in 7.62x54r. Need to get some pics of it.. only got one that he took.

·
7,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Original WWI Imperial Offensive Box Type Russian Grenade I was given by one of the members of the club :)

·
Silver Bullet Member
4,021 Posts
Neat.
Great impression. It is one thing to collect the guns and another to become the soldier that carried the gun. Lots of fun.

·
Registered
17,641 Posts
Neat.
Great impression. It is one thing to collect the guns and another to become the soldier that carried the gun. Lots of fun.
So true; its got to make you feel much more connected with the men who wore those uniforms and fought on the eastern front almost one hundred years ago.

I for one am jealous! ;)

·
7,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I always shoot well when I am either in WWI French or Russian uniform for some reason LOL
We will this winter get pictures of me in Imperial Russian COLD WEATHER gear ... greatcoat (shinel), boots (valenki), woolly hat (papaha) and such :)

In late September the Great War Historical Society is having a WWI Eastern Front Event (Brusilov Offensive 1916) ... I can not wait for it to happen, we are going to crush the Austro-Hungarian and Imperial German guys in the field :)

Patrick

·
Site Contributor
1,277 Posts
Original WWI Imperial Offensive Box Type Russian Grenade I was given by one of the members of the club :)
At least according Finnish Army manual Käsikranaatit ja kiväärikranaatit (Handgrenades and Rifle Grenades) published year 1926, that would be Russian handgrenade m/1912. Structural drawing attached.

Jarkko

ven_M1912.jpg

·
7,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
7,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
NO ... probably never will ... my French and Russian impressions are enough. I was debating on doing a Turkish soldier of the Ottoman Empire but funds right now are tight, so maybe in the future.

Patrick

·
7,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
7,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Neat.
When I do my impression at these shoots and reenactments you get into that part and it really makes you think, they did this, well let me do it as well so I know what it was like ... you appreciate it more.

Patrick

·
Gold Bullet member
11,078 Posts
Pat:

Very nice! :thumbsup:

Just one question: Do you guys down there have any trees? ;)

PS: Not a slam. And if afforded a choice, I would prefer to be free in your desert than to remain a prisoner here in my very green and leafy state.

·
7,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Trees what are those LOL
We do have them but just not at the range, they were cleared out long ago when they built it 30+ years ago.

Patrick

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Very nice ! Lots of attention to detail.

Could you explain the gear you're wearing?
Bandolier, canteen, ammo boxes, etc.
Thanks.

Phil

1 - 20 of 46 Posts