Gunboards Forums banner

121 - 140 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
A previous thread called Maxim Collections WWI has died away now so if members wish to re-post in this thread that would be great. Accessories and actual collections included. Starting off with a few accessories. MG08Maxim (58).jpg Itr.jpg gr.jpg

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
My buddy and I had this in the early 60s.
There was still an awful lot of stuff in the hands of local vets.
We got his from a state cop for an old Woodsman.

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
For USMCSean, the level of interest in this thread is great and even better now that it is including hardware and accessories. Is it too much to ask if this thread could be moved to the Machine Gun and Auto section? The title would sit nicely there as a thread for everything related to German WWI machine guns?
Thanks for your consideration.
Mark

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
My buddy and I had this in the early 60s.
There was still an awful lot of stuff in the hands of local vets.
We got his from a state cop for an old Woodsman.
I would pay you US$500 for the mount alone ��

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
it is the first time that I have seen 25 round magazines in use in a front line real time situtaion. they rely did use them.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I would pay you US$500 for the mount alone ��
We got rid of that in about 1964.
I know it ended up being confiscated and later destroyed by the ATF.
They were far from legal back in our days, but enforcement policies were haphazard.
Gunshow parking lots were where the fun was.
Hoping the statute of limitations has on out on this.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Does anyone have a detailed image of the anti aircraft set up please?
Mark

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Mg08 & 08/15

WOW!!! all of these photos could be used to do a book on the subject. I have never seen so many interesting photos on the subject!.now a question, I am a novice on the subject of the MG 08 and MG 08/15. they all for the most part all seem to have a 5 man crew. what is the purpose of each man in manning the guns? if you please? thanking you in advance.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
there is a really good book out on the German MGs- covers more organizational and tactical information than Dolf's book. Lots of good pics an close ups of guns and accessories from European Museum sources too. Not cheap, but lots of good pics including a lot in this string with amplifying information. German historical authors - I have not gone through the entire book yet. Just got mine from Dolf as he is selling them here in the US. I can send Dolf's address to you via PM if you want to see if he has any more -

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
a ww 1 maxim wish fresh ammo , a well trained crew, in a good placed defensife position doing the same like a 2020 made machinegun of the latest design

another german "machinegun"

121 - 140 of 158 Posts