Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have many things that this Vet saved from his service in Europe and North Aferica. His personal things range from his draft card all the way thruogh his discharge...He brough back many things Flags/Banners,Binos, Rifle,Gun, with paper from CO, Money,Stamps, Patches,,Too much to list.

Attachments

·
Registered
375 Posts
The fact that he was a paratrooper in the 101st really ups the ante. The rifle shown is valuable by itself.

Seems like it would be good to keep this all together but to sell on the forums you need to list a price (if you are not fluent in the area it will be tough to get prices on all the individual items).

If it were me I would contact a couple auction houses, I like Rock Island Auctions and Julia's but I am sure others can recommend other auction houses or paths to value all your items and the premium to apply due to the provenance.

Jim

·
Banned
21,279 Posts
I'm suddenly rethinking my position on German artifacts from WWII being in my house. With the proper capture paperwork and a story to tell, I'd add it to the collection in a New York minute... Why? Because I know how it got here. I've been looking at things wrong...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.